T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hay Guys I'm IRISH

I'm only new here and i am trying to workout what sort of network is already in play in Melbourne I do not want to step on any toes here and i am a firm believer in networking and co-operation so lets here it:

I am a part of a talented group of individuals that are about to hit the Melbourne scene hard. We are Muso's, Artists, Fire Twirlers, Performers, Clothing Designers and all round Freaks but we are all uniting under 1 Banner (Ah! Not Lettin The Name Slip Yet). We are starting with T-shirts and hard copy artworks before moving into all fassets of Melbourne's Youth Culture

Remember We Are A Youth Community Network and we need everyone involved so please reply

This is Tha ISHMAN Signing off take care and peace

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Born and raised in Melbourne :) Now back in Melbourne. Nice weather today, sure beats the 30degree 50%+ humudity in HK.

I'm doing custom t-shirt printing here in Melbourne. Big t-shirt culture in Melbourne definitely. A few months ago I went to a T-shirt gallery in Hawthorn and was amazed at the talent on show there!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Hi everyone!
I'm in Melbourne too - blank perfotmance apparel and custom dye-sublimation printing.

Zhenjie, do you do artwork for your shirts as well or print someone-else's designs?

What's the address of T-shirt gallery in Hawthorn - I'd love to check it out!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Hi everyone!
I'm in Melbourne too - blank perfotmance apparel and custom dye-sublimation printing.

Zhenjie, do you do artwork for your shirts as well or print someone-else's designs?

What's the address of T-shirt gallery in Hawthorn - I'd love to check it out!
I'm mainly running the printing side of things. My artwork is limited to editing and image preperations as I'm not a very artistic person :). We do work with a lot of talented designers around Australia though since we specialize in low run printing.

The t-shirt gallery was actually a once-off event at the Hawthorn town hall. It was called "I wear my heart on my tee". Lots of unique t-shirt styles (hand drawn, stencils, screenprint, DTG, airbrushing,etc) and all the t-shirts were on sale. I hope they hold another event like that but the first one didn't seem to be advertised very well.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I'm mainly running the printing side of things. My artwork is limited to editing and image preperations as I'm not a very artistic person :). We do work with a lot of talented designers around Australia though since we specialize in low run printing.
I'm in the same boat as you then - minus designers. We dye-sub customers artwork to order. Do you do DTG?

The t-shirt gallery was actually a once-off event at the Hawthorn town hall. It was called "I wear my heart on my tee". Lots of unique t-shirt styles (hand drawn, stencils, screenprint, DTG, airbrushing,etc) and all the t-shirts were on sale. I hope they hold another event like that but the first one didn't seem to be advertised very well.
That's the first time I hear about it - oh well, hope they'll do it again!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I would have LOVED to have seen that, if anyone hears of any others can you please let me know!?
When I have more free time, a venue and support from t-shirt designers I may try and hold a similar gallery/exhibition event. One that is advertised well could succeed both in a artistic and commercial sense.

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey irish! its ben here (we spoke about tshirt making last tmie i saw u at that party on smith st.) ive been struggling to find anyone on this site that lives in oz let alone melbs. i was thinking maybe we could start a melb/oz network we can use for local contacts, info, suppliers etc. rodney (admin) is that at all possible?
im also trying to start a business starting off with 1 and 2 colour thermo prints and im having heaps of problems establishing suppliers for my tshirt blanks, vinyl cutters and heat presses. little help?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
hey Ben! I think Melbourne/Australian guys & girls here are the 2nd biggest group behind the Americans. There's plenty of us around hoping to share and help each other out.

I'm one of the few that do DTG here in Australia. Happy to help out :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi everyone
My name is Ron Polonski owner and founder of HORSPWR clothing based in Melbourne we started about 1.5 years ago it was a small start up but we will ramp things up around Feb 2008 at the BIG3 trade show and then at the Fashion Exposed 2008 Sydney so if anyone of you are coming to any of those shows pop by and say hi!!!

Anyone else out their that has started a brand with website links??? Would be great to see what people are up to not just posts!!!

We are currently in the design process of our new collection which includes Hoodies, long sleeve shirts, polos, caps and a small women’s collection. We will launch this collection at the BIG3 show. This will be our first trade show so we are very excited to see and hear the response!!!

Later!!!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.