T-Shirt Forums banner

wholesale t-shirts in australia? / Desperately needing help

14K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Good Helper 
#1 ·
Hi there again,

I am a new one at all of this t-shirt stuff, but it sounds really exciting. I live in Australia and am trying to find a wholesaler that would supply to me here in Australia. I am keen to get my small business up and running, but unless I can source t-shirts cheaply I may not be able to start my business.

I have tried to source t-shirts here in Australia and they are to expensive.

So that is why I am open for your comments and ideas.

PLEASE HELP ME.

Meghan

#2 ·
Re: Desperately needing help

Meghan said:
Hi there again,

I am a new one at all of this t-shirt stuff, but it sounds really exciting. I live in Australia and am trying to find a wholesaler that would supply to me here in Australia. I am keen to get my small business up and running, but unless I can source t-shirts cheaply I may not be able to start my business.

I have tried to source t-shirts here in Australia and they are to expensive.

So that is why I am open for your comments and ideas.

PLEASE HELP ME.

Meghan
There is a DIY screen printer over in Melbourne Australia. I'll email him and see if he can help you. Come to think of it, I know of a top notch screen-printing Artist over there also. He should know.

#3 ·

Preston said:
There is a DIY screen printer over in Melbourne Australia. I'll email him and see if he can help you. Come to think of it, I know of a top notch screen-printing Artist over there also. He should know.
Well , you have email turned off and the rules ask that I do not post any email addresses in the post (not even mine) so I guess I cannot help you unless you want to PM me with your email address. A slow work around but do-able.

#5 ·

If you check out the Blank T-Shirts forum, I think there are a couple of posts about wholesale blanks in Australia. A few of our members here are from there:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=1605&highlight=australia

Looks like the wholesaler of choice is: ounce.com.au

PS...just a tip: It also helps other members help you if you give a more descriptive title to your post :) (ie: need blank t-shirts in australia vs desparately needing help)

#8 ·
Thank you very much for that. I am however really concerned about the quality that I would be getting as I really would like a good quality thickish cotton shirt that I can transfer on to. I really am not looking for those cheap ones that you get sometimes that only look good for a few washes and then look as if you are wearing your oversized brothers shirts. Oh, atleast one that you have had in your wardrobe for years and they have holes and not hem and they are completely see through but you just can not bear to throw it away.

#9 ·
I'd always recommend to buy one of the main brands if you want repeat custom (and the satisfaction of a quality product) such as AA, Gildan, FotL, Proclub, Bella etc.

Different cuts are to different people's tastes, but at least you know they're not nasty cack.

#10 ·
monkeylantern said:
I'd always recommend to buy one of the main brands if you want repeat custom (and the satisfaction of a quality product) such as AA, Gildan, FotL, Proclub, Bella etc.

Different cuts are to different people's tastes, but at least you know they're not nasty cack.

Thanks for that. And I will take your advice and go with one of the suppliers that you mentioned. It is a pity that us here in Australia do not have the suppliers with the cheaper merchandise as I am sure the quality from the US is much better as well.

Thanks

#11 ·
The prices here aren't that bad. Not anywhere as cheap as the US, but still viable. We're only talking a dollar or two per shirt....be determined to make people willing to pay a dollar or two more for your product.

It encourages you to work even harder to add value to your brand :)

#14 ·
Ross B said:
monkeylantern,

Re: "The prices here aren't that bad. Not anywhere as cheap as the US, but still viable. We're only talking a dollar or two per shirt...."

Would be most interested to know WHERE you're sourcing Ts in Aust for $1 to $2 per shirt. And the quality? Can you divulge your source?
I meant a dollar or two *more* per shirt than the US.

#15 ·
Ross B said:
monkeylantern,

Re: "The prices here aren't that bad. Not anywhere as cheap as the US, but still viable. We're only talking a dollar or two per shirt...."

Would be most interested to know WHERE you're sourcing Ts in Aust for $1 to $2 per shirt. And the quality? Can you divulge your source?
He meant a dollar or two more per shirt than the price in the US, hence "be determined to make people willing to pay a dollar or two more for your product".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.