T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find suppliers of kids t-shirts (especially long sleeve) and can't find any decent ones in the UK (tried Europeanwear and others) and now trying to look out elsewhere.
Anyone know/has tried any HK or Asian importers?

thanks

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi. It is very difficult to import clothing from the far east, as the UK strictly regulates clothing imports from those countries. I had just ten samples from China, of which customs only wanted to let three in. Only by persistence of my freight forwarder did they finally allow all ten in. The paperwork was stamped that no further imports of this item would be allowed.

It only really appears to be clothing, that these restrictions apply to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks for teh prompt reply. I seem to remember seeing in the news UK being very cautious with recent cases of clothes very flammable from Asia. Might be worth looking in another direction in that case...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I think the restrictions have more to do with protecting European trade, than protecting consumers.

I know cases where the dye on clothing from India has come out and ruined an entire load of other washing. You certainly don't want to be getting invoiced for those sort of incidents.

Different countries have varying concepts of ethical trading and manufacture.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts