T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever try any of these types of wholesale services? I have heard they can be ok but they will try to buy your shirts for $3-4$ and then sell them for whatever to their clients. Thanks.

Here is the specific place I looked at:
intostores.com

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Seems too good to be true.

I googled "intostores scam" and a thread came up on a forum called Startup Nation. There is a second thread on that site as well. Much of the feedback is very negative. And the positive posts are accused of being fakes (employees of the company trying to make it sound good).

There is also an accusation that IntoStores was previously in business as WiseRep. Googling "wiserep scam" brings up a laundry list of scam articles.

There is also this blog post that sums everything up quite nicely: Warning - Watch Out For IntoStores.com.

I honestly read through the site thinking it sounded great. But a bit more research has made me skeptical.

·
Registered
332 Posts
i'm pretty sure that wiserep and intostores at the same brand. over a year ago i fell for wiserep's scam and signed up and when i got access to the info, it was really bad. not what they promised at all. i immediately called to get my money back and it took them months before they gave me a refund. definitely stay away from them.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was contacted today by intostores.com. I almost called the guy to get more info. I guess I won't waste my time. That really bites. Just when you think your gonna get a break and then you find out it's some sorry *** rip off.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Just got one as well. Thanks to everyone here, I had prior knowledge about them. Then again, I probably wouldn t have thought twice about using them. Too good to be true is one of my Mantras lol

·
Registered
173 Posts
Is there a legit company out there where we can submit our products for stores? There's got to be. I went to a novelty store to pitch to the buyer but the buyer was not in. Being very very green to the process, I asked about the employee at the counter if she knew what they looked for when buying and the employee did say the buyer used a website to buy from. And I suck because I cannot remember the site she blurted out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just got an email from them too. I think we're all in a massive database. Not sure how legit they are, but the email makes it sound like they really single you out because your apparel is so special :rolleyes: Tread carefully.

·
Registered
49 Posts
There is a couple of wholesale to store "B2B" websites in Los Angeles. Very effective and professional. They even give you credit check info on the retailers. I know mostly boutiques shop the websites, not sure about department stores. Initial set up charge is expensive, around $1,000. Then monthly charges are $300. One of my customers has 2 accounts on one of these sites and gets average $300 a day in sales. I want to open an account too, but most people on the site need to update the account with 5 new designs weekly. If any of you want to combine resources and open an account together, let me know.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello Charles,

Are you familar with the LA fashion district? Rent here is $10,000 a month for brick and mortar wholesale stores. With just few store workers and design staff, you need to sell over $1,000 a day to pay the bills. Several B2B websites emerged as an extention of the wholesale market here for international and out of state buyers who don't fly here every month. We sell per-packs of 6 pcs 2S-2M-2L for each color. At $15 per garment (I personally sell blouses and dresses, not so much $ 6 T-shirts). that's $90 per pre-pack for one color. If one store buys 2 styles, 2 colorway each , that's already $ 360. What seems to be so far fecthed? The challenge is to add new designs constantly because serious retailers can order more than twice a month and demand new styles all the time. The business is there, but to stay competitive in our local market here the investment in product development and carrying inventory is also high.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts