T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am currently paying $10 for a 12,000 stitch design...no minimums. My t-shirt costs are $3.89.
I am starting to sell my shirts wholesale and need to get my embroidery costs down.
I need to know if this cost is reasonable and how to lower my embroidery cost.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I am trying to keep all my labor work (screen printing & embroidery) in the US, but would be willing to look overseas if that is required.

Thank you for your suggestions!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I am currently paying $10 for a 12,000 stitch design...no minimums. My t-shirt costs are $3.89.
I am starting to sell my shirts wholesale and need to get my embroidery costs down.
I need to know if this cost is reasonable and how to lower my embroidery cost.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I am trying to keep all my labor work (screen printing & embroidery) in the US, but would be willing to look overseas if that is required.

Thank you for your suggestions!
Where are you located? Qtys you are ordering at a time? Seems high even if qtys are low.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you are lucky you will find some that will charge $1.00 per 1,000 stitches, but that is cheap. I charge more than that.
The deal you have is good -

Mary K

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are you located? Qtys you are ordering at a time? Seems high even if qtys are low.....
There are no minimums...if I order 1 piece or 50 pieces done it is the same price. I am located in the Chicagoland area. What seems like a reasonable price? Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
There are no minimums...if I order 1 piece or 50 pieces done it is the same price. I am located in the Chicagoland area. What seems like a reasonable price? Thanks!
I could see 1 piece at $10 but 50 should be like $6.00 or so.... I'm sure there are even people cheaper than that out there. I would say let me look at design but I'm in SoCal, waste to ship stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are lucky you will find some that will charge $1.00 per 1,000 stitches, but that is cheap. I charge more than that.
The deal you have is good -

Mary K
Thanks Mary,
I have seen pricing for $1.00 - $3.00 per 1000 stitches, but I wasn't sure if these were wholesale prices.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You are lucky to get that price. I would only go to $1.00 per 1,000 if there was a large quantity. For small orders I charge $2.00 per 1,000.

Mary

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I could see 1 piece at $10 but 50 should be like $6.00 or so.... I'm sure there are even people cheaper than that out there. I would say let me look at design but I'm in SoCal, waste to ship stuff.
Thank you! I was also thinking that people may give a discount for higher quantities. I am in the process of getting my line in 3 large national catalogs and will need to focus on getting my cost down to make it appealing for retailers to carry my work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You def need to get those costs down..... I guarantee you can find someone else cheaper in your area, just don't compromise quality, never compromise quality.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thats way too much. We charge $3.45 for 10-11,000 stitches at 6-200 pieces. You should be able to find something comparable to that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts