T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New into the screen printing business was hoping some one could guide me in the direction or process of being able to buy t shirts whole sale in southern California??? Is it a business license I need to have in order to buy shirts from the manufactures if not what do I need if so where do i get a license and how much do they cost and is it possible to have obtain one in less than a month?????please help

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Re: Help needed

You can check out the TF Preferred Vendors Directory to find a wholesale company

To get the best prices I suggest you get a Resale license and a business license.

I am not sure the requirements and length of time it takes to get one in California.

Use the search engine tool here on the TF you will find someone else have asked

the same question.. I am sure you will find many answers to your question.

If you find out that there is a wait to get these items you can go to jiffyshirts.com

you do not need a license and the shipping is reasonable. The shirts are not but if

you are in a jam this is the best place to go.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Re: Help needed

in California re-sellers lic. are free of charge. It took less than a month to get ours. I believe you go to board of equalization. fill out the forms and you are on your way.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Is it a business license I need to have in order to buy shirts from the manufactures if not what do I need if so where do i get a license and how much do they cost and is it possible to have obtain one in less than a month?
You need a California Sellers permit which shows that you are a business and lets you file your sales tax returns.

You can get it from your local State Board of Equalization office or fill out the form online and mail it in. Here's a link to the PDF:

http://www.boe.ca.gov/pdf/boe400spa.pdf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts