T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have a 1280, with a bulk ink system from personalizedsupplies as well as their magic mix inks. I use their tranjet paper, i have had no issues, i will get some bandiing with the black after printing several transfers (with lots of black). I just rrun a quick head cleaning, and than its all good. Personally i would recommend them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

I use 3 Epson 1280s and have never had any major issues with them including one that is set up with a bulk dye sublimation inks...I think it's key to print with them on a regular basis..I use Clogbuster maybe once a month and let is sit overnight..

I'd recommend them no problem..

Cheers,

Nick

·
Registered
9,502 Posts
I have a 1280 with sawgrass dyesub and bulk delivery. I do a nozzle check prior to printing and will clean as needed. No problems with it. There is/was a $100 rebate from epson also. I found a good price at PC Universe and sent in for the rebate.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I've got a 1280, bulk ink system from ShopDyeSub.com and Magic Mix inks. I've also experienced banding with the black ink when printing several transfers of mostly black.

The instructions that came with my ink system said not to do repetitive cleanings because it's usually an air lock that's causing the problem and the heads don't need cleaning because they are not clogged - and excessive cleaning could possibly destroy them.

Instead they say to follow these steps when you get an air lock:
1 - Nozzle check
2 - Cleaning cycle
3 - Print 1/2 page of color bars (I only print the offending color to save ink) at 770 or 1440 DPI
4 - Wait 1 - 2 hours and repeat if necessary

Yeah, I know. It's hard to wait 1 - 2 hours when you need to print something NOW and luckily I haven't had to go that far yet because the color bar seems to do the trick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts