T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone here running a business that is actually selling any quanitites?

what are your sales numbers off of web site sales?

1 shirt per week? 500 shirts per week?

who is selling wholesale and how? through a repping firm? or door to door
to shops?

Thanks to all for the time and discussion..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi

Well, I don't have a website yet, but I am working on it....I have been selling on ebay....Actually, I started selling in December and it went pretty good...I stopped because of other things and then I got back to it in February and haven't stopped since then...

I sell on ebay vinyl decals and t-shirt for men and women...Most of them just of slogans on it, but it's been doing really good...

I think I average about 200 to 300 items a month....It keeps on growing...

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
I've been selling t-shirts online since 1996 :)

Without giving specifics, I'm doing OK with the t-shirt sales. I hope to get into brick and mortar stores soon once I figure out the whole tradeshow thing.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I spent 35 years in the retail and resaurant business then I retired. I had all this stuff in my head.. but and there is always a but.. I did not know what to do with my free time. I do some web designs now, I also worked in real estate.. hated it.. I strarted a few web businesses on I have had since 2002 And it makes a few dollars every year.. but what knew best.. retailing was not something I pursued.. DAAAAAAAA! I know that retailers are always looking for something new. I been to the shows (Gift) I walked around. I came up with a tote bag business. I geared it to the gift and souvenir stores. I themed the bags for the area I was selling in.. it worked.. I have a small press that gets me by.. Then I someone saw my web from another state.. walla I am asked if I could do a tee shirt with their design.. I could and I did.. Now I am waiting for repeat sales. I wen out and got the business also.. work the area.. if you got something to sell.. sell it.. I just did an order for 100 tee shirts in store in a high tourest visited town and I am also in 2 museum gift stores.. .. I started this venture in November.. I am in the black.. I am selling..

·
Registered
43 Posts
After selling tees for over a year now, i have come to relaise i do it for the love of doing it! not the money, i think it's very hard to earn a living from it unless you buy all the kit yourself and that way you make more money per tee, i outsource it as i have a full time job and i mkae less money, but hey, i'm still making a bit and the main thing is that people are wearing my tees, that's just as rewarding as the cash!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
If you're not making money at it, you're going to eventually burn out.

My philosephy is if I'm not making money to support my family, I'd be better off spending that time with them.

It has to be worth it. And you should be able to make a nice profit even if you do outsource your printing.

·
Registered
243 Posts
People sell a few shirts a month to thousands. However, all the people I know that do well have been selling shirts on the net for at least a year or so. Probably a little longer than that. I would be willing to bet that the ones who’ve been on the longest are doing the best, with a few exceptions.

I know some people who design a few shirts… outsource everything, and still make enough to make it worth their time. But everyone’s time is worth different amounts, so only you can be the judge of that.

I think people envision sticking a few shirts on the Web and spending the rest of their day counting their money. But the cool thing about this business is you can start with practically nothing and take it at your own speed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi --thanks for answering-- I am seeking a repping company or sales organization

Where can I find distributors listed? I have been through the Magiconline tradeshow exhibitors list already.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for answering..
I just don't want to flounder around for years selling ones and twos out of
my trunk and 1 aweek off the internet.. I published a litho print before and got it into 250 galleries and framing stores- still never made a penny ..the cost of salse it was higher than a profit.

Do you have a John Wayne Enterprises license??

·
Registered
134 Posts
My philosephy is if I'm not making money to support my family, I'd be better off spending that time with them.

I love that point of view.:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts