T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
6,970 Posts
How do you define quality?.....F&M Expressions has great service and make a very good but "bullet proof" transfer......I am guessing 80%+ of my transfers come from them.....For a softer hand and/or gang sheets I like Silver Mountain Graphics......They also have great service.....And for great service and quality it is hard to beat Transfer Express but they do charge well for it.....

· Registered
2 Posts
I would avoid transfer express. Their customer service is okay but their produce is unusable at times. I have ruined many a shirt attempting to press transfers from transfer express.

Though F&M's customer service leaves something to be desired, at least the product is consistently good.

· Registered
270 Posts
They are thick and made with adhesive.....Transfers are often described by how much "hand" they have.......These are definitely not "soft".....
Are you talking about their .15/.20 transfers? Those are heavy. But I did some metallic gold that had a very nice feel. And I'm waiting to get a project to use their new Vintage transfer, because I really liked the sample of that.
I've found their service to be excellent. I also recently had a good experience with Howard Sportswear with some glitter transfers (which FM doesn't offer). I had done what I described above with ganging some stock logos. They immediately emailed, cautioning me that the glitter tends to fill letters more than regular ink, and some of the images were too small for glitter. I resized them and lightened the line weight, but was told it still wasn't optimal and they didn't recommend it. Since the primary art was fine, as well as one of the other images, I told them to just go ahead - it would be a learning experience. Well, Quinton Howard knows his stuff, and it came out exactly as he said it would! The stuff for my client was great and he was happy. The following week I got a call from Quinton's father, the owner, thanking me for the order and checking that I was satisfied. Mind you, this was a pretty small order. The attention was appreciated.

· Registered
164 Posts
I have used F&M on last 4 orders, around 600 shirts front and back. No problems what so ever.
Wow. If you're doing that many wouldn't it be cheaper to print them yourself? Are they printing inkjet transfers for you?

How long do they hold up with washes?

edit: nevermind, I see they do plastisol transfers. That's amazing they can offer those prices.

· Registered
918 Posts
@royster13: When I first tried F&M's $0.15 transfers a couple years ago, I thought they were VERY thick and, in your words, bullet-proof. lol Perhaps, they've changed their technique or process since then. I've ordered the $0.15 & $0.20 transfers recently and they are quite nice and not much hand.

@akeltner: While I've heard other people gripe about Transfer Express, I've never had an issue.

@legroce: I use several companies, depending on the job.

• Semo Imprints (7x12 for $0.75)
  • F&M ($0.15 and $0.20)
  • Seay Graphics (great customer service, good prices)
  • Transfer Express (only if I am using their templates)
  • Versatranz (HUGE sheets, great for ganging)

· Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to this t-shirt stuff and I found transfer express very quickly super interested in making my first heat transfer purchase threw them, what product do you recommend I was thinking stretch litho??

@royster13: When I first tried F&M's $0.15 transfers a couple years ago, I thought they were VERY thick and, in your words, bullet-proof. lol Perhaps, they've changed their technique or process since then. I've ordered the $0.15 & $0.20 transfers recently and they are quite nice and not much hand.

@akeltner: While I've heard other people gripe about Transfer Express, I've never had an issue.

@legroce: I use several companies, depending on the job.

• Semo Imprints (7x12 for $0.75)
  • F&M ($0.15 and $0.20)
  • Seay Graphics (great customer service, good prices)
  • Transfer Express (only if I am using their templates)
  • Versatranz (HUGE sheets, great for ganging)

· Registered
918 Posts
what product do you recommend I was thinking stretch litho??
It all depends on the design and the fabric that it's going on. I've never used Stretch Litho so I can't comment on it. I've used their Goof Proof, Hot Split, and Elasti Prints.

Here's a good webinar on which transfer type is best for your particular job:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxz1SIn73Ms

· Registered
781 Posts
Dowling, Dowling and Dowling, I have been having them do my custom work since 2005.. In that time they have done over 20,000 orders for me and probably more.. I have had almost O problems and the couple times I have they have either talked me thrroug or replaced my problem.. always there to help if I am struggling.. There art department emails or calls if I forgot to vector a font.. always with a smile.. great pricing, good feel.. I had a store say they got some shirts from someone and the ink washed off.. then they asked how come my shirts always wash over and over and there design always stays on the shirt and looks great.. again.. Dowling, Dowling, and Dowling.. I have used a lot and this is where I stay..
dlac

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.