T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new DTG G4 looks like a very different printer than the other DTG garment printers.

I like two things about the printer and that is the Ricoh Heads and the printer can be used to print on transfer paper, with registration marks, and then the RIP send information to the contour cutter.

But who has tested this printer?

·
Registered
34 Posts
The new DTG G4 looks like a very different printer than the other DTG garment printers.

I like two things about the printer and that is the Ricoh Heads and the printer can be used to print on transfer paper, with registration marks, and then the RIP send information to the contour cutter.

But who has tested this printer?
Dtg g4 garment printer same Ricoh Ri 1000 dtg printer same printhead camping station ink system ...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Looking for some feedback from G4 users. Considering the purchase of one but I'm concerned about washability. Does a print, when pretreated and cured properly, using white and color ink on a dark garment, hold up to standard washing? Any special washing practices to follow? Any feedback is really appreciated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Illustratedapp... how do you like your f2100? Has owning it gone smoothly so far or has it been difficult? How do you like the print quality / washability? I am considering one of those as well. Thanks.
So far so good. It was easy to get a good print. Washability is good when heat pressed. Trying to get a cure in a belt dryer. My biggest problem is the white ink cost and consumption.

·
Registered
322 Posts
So far so good. It was easy to get a good print. Washability is good when heat pressed. Trying to get a cure in a belt dryer. My biggest problem is the white ink cost and consumption.
Thanks for the feedback.

What kind of conveyor are you planing on using? I have a econo red 2 with force air, but its not designed for dtg. I hear it can cure dtg however it will take a very long dwell time. I was thinking of using it as the "preheat" instead of having to hover over the print with heat press for 45 seconds. Basically... heat press shirt 5 seconds, pretreat, put through oven, heat press to dry pretreat, print dtg, put through oven, heat press to dry image. Not sure if that will speed things up or increase washability but I'll probably give it a try.

I have heard that the epson has the most expensive ink and uses the most. I do a lot of white printing as well so I'm a bit concerned about that. Do you have any idea how much an average shirt (10 x 10) on dark using white costs you? I hear using a rip can reduce ink usage, have you tried that and compared the difference? I also hear there may be some bulk ink options with the epson but not sure if something like that would void the warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.