T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
We pulled the trigger and purchased one also. And we also ordered the Cube pretreat...

I think the GTX is going to be great... but I don’t know anything about the Cube.

1973nader, how is it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know much about the cube other then a few people tell me it's just an entire level pre treater that gets the job done. As far as the w GTX I printed around 200 shirts today on them and they ran great so far.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had Lawson pretreat before and it wasn't so great.

I was originally going to get the speed treater, but because we purchased the GTX, they gave a deal on the Cube.

Hopefully the Cube will be better than the Lawson.

Which pretreat do you use?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I saw the Viper XPT-1000 on youtube, but I wasn't sure about the open design.

Our store is extrememly dusty and because we spray and print in the same room, I didn't want any overspray going to the GTX.

The XPT-1000 does seem really fast...

·
Registered
214 Posts
One thing I don’t understand about XPT-1000 is why did they make it so that it adjusts the width to the right side of the shirt. When customer orders pocket chest design, it’s 99% of the time on the left.

So, I thought maybe you can just flip the shirt. But if you do that, then when you adjust the length for pocket, it’s going to pretreat the bottom of the shirt.

I guess it doesn’t really matter to me since I’m getting the cube... but it’s a really great idea, but not thought out well.

·
Registered
214 Posts
They’re suppose to send someone within 10 days. Mine was 7.

I don’t know if this was available before, but there’s an app called Brother GT/ISM. It has manual and error code finder.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I was at the SGIA Expo today and got to see a few printers in action. I guess the main competitor for the GTX is the Ricoh 6000. I saw the Ricoh first and was quite impressed with how fast the second pass was! And the print looked really good.

A few booths down, I finally came to the GTX and they were just about to print a shirt. You know how impressed I was with the second pass of the Ricoh? GTX DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' SECOND PASS! All done in one pass and it seemed to be just as quick as Ricoh's second pass. Holy smokes!

If I ever get to the point that I do some DTG, I'm definitely gonna be looking for a GTX. Oh, but wait: It's brand new and we don't know about its durability yet. So let me rephrase to say that unless it turns out that the GTX doesn't last or live up to its selling point, that's the one I want.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.