T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My name is eddy moralz and i have an important need of advice on where can i try to sell or get some sort of contact using my logo/brand name, artwork and prototype shirt desings, How many shirt prototypes should i have when presenting my line? and last, what kind of companies OR agencies should i contact that deal with junior apparel and sold in stores such as target, H&m, Wetseal, Forever21, etc.
Please if anyone has an answer or advice on some sort of contact or info plz feel free to contact me A.S.A.P. either through email [email protected] or on my private message feature using t-shirt forum.com
Thank you so much!!! Eddy Moralz

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well eddy, welcome to the world of business. I think that if anyone had a clearcut answer to your mail we'd all be millionaires by now. I guess thats the secret of success! be well prepared and dont forget that it might take a lifetime of business before you could get an opportunity to be sold in the biggest retail chains (most use in house designers and manufacturing btw) or you might get lucky and find yourself hitting the lottery tomoro.

good luck .

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
How many shirt prototypes should i have when presenting my line?
I would suggest creating a linesheet that features all of the graphics, styles and colors you are offering.

Then plan out what samples you want to get produced. The more the better, but you should at least have one of each graphic and style that is being offered.

As a general rule, whoever you are selling to will want to see your product before they buy it so they can review the quality. It will also show that you are a professional apparel brand and not just some random graphic designer who wants to sell his designs on shirts but has no experience in getting them printed.

what kind of companies OR agencies should i contact that deal with junior apparel and sold in stores such as target, H&m, Wetseal, Forever21, etc.
These types of stores tend to focus on a low-to-mid price point demographic. Based on that, their business model usually includes private labels and exclusive licenses.

Private labels are usually designed and developed by an in-house department.

You can try to contact each store's corporate office and ask to talk to whoever handles their buying or merchandising. You can then ask how their exclusive licenses work. I would think it will be tough unless you are a known brand, designer or celebrity. You will also need to have high volume production capabilities.

Another option would be to contact licensing agencies, like Iconix Group, Beanstalk Group, etc. If you google 'apparel licensing companies' or 'apparel licensing agencies,' you will find plenty to contact. Again, I think it's going to be tough without some existing distribution in place.

Please if anyone has an answer or advice
It seems like you are trying to jump from the on-ramp to the fast-lane without taking any of the necessary steps in between.

My advice is to slow down. Learn more about each area of the business... supply chain, production, merchandising, marketing, sales, distribution, etc.

Then figure out the best direction for you and your brand. The answers are there, you just need to take the time to research and find them yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts