T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I have no idea how a DTG works, but if it's similar to any other printer you have some white ink on your roller. Think of the mess that a tire makes on the road when someone crosses over a freshly painted line.

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
There aren't rollers on dtg like laser printers, etc. Some of the 48xx based systems still have rollers, but they are behind the printhead, so if you do more than one pass, this could happen. What you are seeing on this image is not that problem. One reason is, it's on the outside area of the graphic, so no roller would be touching to cause it and two, the lines are not straight and more of a loose pattern. To me, this would indicate the artwork.

Look at the artwork close to see if you have stray pixels in those areas. You can take it in Photoshop or a similar program and place a black background on the image, it would show you any pixels in unwanted areas.

If you can't see anything there, try a different image to see if you are still having the same problem. If so, you could check your encoder strip to see if it needs cleaned. If it was an encoder strip issue, you would typically have a more defined pattern than what you are seeing here.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I would be completely shocked if that was not an artwork issue.... Completely shocked. Like Jerid said, look closely at your original artwork file; little stray pixels and lines LOVE to hide out on the edges of images, where they are difficult to notice unless you make the canvas area larger and add that black background to identify where the white ink will print.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.