T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm going to be printing this design on a deep navy shirt. A thick print is not necessarily a problem for this job, nor is having the white underbase poke out on some areas. For the pizza slice, All the colors are to be laid on top of each other (Print white underbase if needed, print tan, print red) I'm still not too sure if a underbase is needed for this print, I want some really vibrant red, but I also don't want it to turn pink from printing on top of white. What do you guys think, underbase the whole design with white, and print colors on top, or just print the colors without an underbase.

Attachments

·
Registered
861 Posts
Your red won't turn pink if you flash the underbase correctctly, looks like youncould use a halftone underbase for the red portions of the designs.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
You may not need an underbase. But, I think if ya did an underbase, I'd go with a tan instead of white.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Why would you use the tan as the underbase?

Because of the overall look to the shirt in your photo. It's not a vivid print. I just think that the tan would work really well overall. It would work well with all the colors in the print.

Remember, an underbase doesn't always have to be white.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah, i see. i would prefer not to underbase at all, but i have a fear of the red and tan becoming muted on such a dark shirt. although i have printed reduced white on black with a single stroke and it came out just fine. i'm fairly new to printing and getting paid for doing so, and i know there is trial and error, but i hate winging things lol.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Looks to me like there's white on the pizza (grease shine?) as well as the name of the town. As long as you're printing white, why not underbase the pizza. It'll look much better. I underbase anything going on color or black, unless it's a really light color. An underbased print with a thin overprint always looks and feels better than 2 or 3 stabs at it with high-opacity inks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks to me like there's white on the pizza (grease shine?) as well as the name of the town. As long as you're printing white, why not underbase the pizza. It'll look much better. I underbase anything going on color or black, unless it's a really light color. An underbased print with a thin overprint always looks and feels better than 2 or 3 stabs at it with high-opacity inks.
Thanks, I've decided to underbase white and I've burned all the screens, I'm hoping to do a test print sometime this afternoon between a party and a bbq. I'll post up some pictures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts