T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm printing an oval logo with text inside and a slogan below for a local tire shop.When I print it the white underbase prints jagged and outside the color layer edge. I have print prefs set to color layer - auto mask, black 100% cotton shirt. If I make a oval and print as white ink layer it prints smooth and fine. does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
thanks
tshirtguy2006

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
If it's jagged most likely bad artwork. Try putting a black background in Photoshop to see if there is white areas behind the color artwork.

If art is ok, then you need to adjust the 'choke' settings in your RIP. That should bring back the white underlayer a bit.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I have found whenever I get a white jagged edge it is usually extra pixels from a not so clean jpeg image. usually when it is being caused by the choke on the rip, its a fairly smooth white line around the image.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have never had good luck with the auto mask function, it has always
given me the results you are talking about. Try sending the layers separately.
I send the white layer as "white layer mask (hard)" and then send the color
layer(s) after that.
You should have selected only the object that is the white layer when you
are sending white and then unselect it and select the color layer and send
that to the printer.

Brian

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
tshirtguy2006,

Try using the COlor Layer - Automask (Black Bckgd) setting - put a black background on the image and print (be sure to select "No underbase, no black ink - under Back Ink/Underbase Behavior setting). This creates a soft mask which should eliminate the "white halo".

Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.