T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have problem during printing white underbase, that sometimes black(gray) stripes appear in white print (you can see pictures).
we have new print head and problem is still continue.
it is not on every t-shirt, but once a day we can see it. do you have idea what is this problem?
thanks
Michael

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
One thing to try - clean the gear on the belt drive motor (the one that moves your printhead assembly side to side). The gear has small grooves that can pick up dirt over time which can cause the belt to slip as you're printing. You will need to use a small pick to clean out the grooves in the gear.

Harry
Equipment Zone

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
many thanks Harry for your advise. I will try it. I hope, that I will find the gear which you mentioned :)
Anyway. I don't understand, these things:
1. why dirt can make this problem, because that the black stripes are just in the desing position. not over the t-shirt
2. why is it only in white layer?

Michael

·
Registered
232 Posts
Instead of printing Light black witch is filled with white ink it prints black. Since the Printhead is innocent, the motherboard looks more guilty than ever.
If i had this problem i would have checked the following:
1. Rip settings. The easiest thing to check. Try reinstalling it on a second computer if it is possible
2. Replace the usb cable
3. Check the ribbon cables. Check the cable for worn and also check the connectors on the M/B side.
4. Replace the motherboard or reinstall the firmware if possible.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Cmos,
thanks for you help.
1. Rip seting - we will try it on another computer with WIn XP
2. USB cable - we tried this
3. ribbon cable - we had worn this cable few month ago, so we changed it too.
4.We have new mainboard (it is not exactly new, but from another tjet)

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
From Justin in our Support Department:

Your issue can be caused by a few different issues.
1.) Your capping station is dirty and not cleaning the head properly resulting in poor cleanings/transfer of dirty inks back to the print head. Suggest replacing the pump/capping station.
2.) The bulk system is over filled and/or sitting too high on its shelf. Remove some of the CMYK inks from the bottles and lower the bulk system shelf down apx.1/4." (as well as throughly cleaning the capping station).
3.) Inspect the bottom surface of the print head and clean off any dried ink/debris that might be collecting ink over spray that is transferring over the nozzles that are being printed. (once again throughly clean capping station again)

These are the most common ways to resolve this that I have run into.

Harry
Equipment Zone

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi Harry,
thanks for Your advise. anyway,I have another question. Out Tjet vendor recomend us,to little drop of water into capping station when we finish daily printing.He said,that it prevent to dry the head.we never had problem with it,but it sounds crazy for me.whar do you think?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi Harry,
thanks for Your advise. anyway,I have another question. Out Tjet vendor recomend us,to little drop of water into capping station when we finish daily printing.He said,that it prevent to dry the head.we never had problem with it,but it sounds crazy for me.whar do you think?

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
hi Harry,

If you leave liquid in the capping station (and this goes for any of the printer brands) you take a chance of that liquid starting a siphoning action with the printhead. You may then find the next morning that most of the ink from your bulk system now in your waste bottle. So I would not recommend doing it. You want to make sure at the end of a print day that the gasket around the capping station is clean so that it can seat tightly around the bottom of the print head. And that your humidity level where the printer is kept is around 50%.

Harry
Equipment Zone

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Out Tjet vendor recomend us,to little drop of water into capping station when we finish daily printing.He said,that it prevent to dry the head.we never had problem with it,but it sounds crazy for me.whar do you think?
One easy thing to do that will take the worry away of print head clogging is to pop in your cleaning cartridges at least at the end of everyday or if your printer is going to sit for more then 24 hours with no use. After putting them in do a couple of head cleanings to insure no ink is left behind in the print head, do your regular maintenance around the print head and capping assembly, and your printer will be fine to sit with no worries of ink drying up in your print head.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts