T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting an Canon sublimation printer with Ghost sublimation ink. It has the option of getting a white toner for doing white toner heat transfers.
My question is which are better white toner transfer (or even normal laser heat transfer with weeding) or Subli-flex transfers/subli flock using the sublimation ink transfers ( with weeding) for cotton shirts and dark shirts. I can't find a comparisons anywhere? i can only find people comparing between normal heat transfers and sublimation printing but not with heat transfers vs sublimation transfers. Does anyone know with is better or the big deference or which is better (stand up longer in the wash etc)

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
both the laser and the subliflex will feel heavy/plasticky, with the subli equivalent to about 2.5x thicker than htv
the laser can be softened via rip software or doing your own through photoshop

you really need to research the papers and process involved in white toner printing (here) to consistently attain saleable products
you need a really good press and a very defined standard operating procedure (it is doable, but you have to be willing to expend the time and energy for each garment process)
see if you can get some printed samples on the different papers before committing

here is a two part vid series on the ghost toner process:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts