T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone this has been on my mind for a long time and has never been answered....since printers don't print white ink then how do you heat transfer white ink on a black shirt?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
You would either have to use Vinyl (Cut by a plotter), Plastisol Transfers (Silkscreened onto a transfer sheet), or an Opaque transfer (Which can be ptinted on). I also believe that a DTG (Direct To Garment) machine can print white onto a shirt. I know they use it as a base.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I Do Need Help...this Whole Shirt Thing Is Confusing...but Thanx To This Site I'ved Learned Alot

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
I have tried heat pressing NUMBERS using unprinted Laser1 Opaque transfer, cut on a CAD cutter/plotter. A little difficult on small individually cut letterring though since you have to use a carrier tape, if not, you have to individually lay down each letters/numbers on the shirt. I think this would work on most opaque transfers including inkjet opaque. I would prefer the thicker opaque transfers for this job.

I think there is also white vinyl transfers and are usually the first choice of members here.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
thanx robert...anything else i should know?
If you have any other questions about the above methods, feel free to ask.

I think Robert pretty much covered the different ways to do white ink with a heat press :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts