T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

We have been having some serious problems with staining on a lot of our white garments. We have no idea where this is coming from - has anybody had any similar problems in the past or have any ideas what could be causing this?

We use Kornit Avalance 1000 machines and Electric Chiossi Dryers.

We dont know if it could be something to do with;

• The Fixation
  • The Garments
  • The Dryers
Any help would be great!

Nic

Attachments

· Registered
52 Posts
Hi
We have already had this problem in the past, the problem came from our t shirt manufacturer who used a chemical agent to whiten t-shirts and it is this treatment that made this kind of reaction in contact with kornit fixing agent.

Are you at what rate of fixing agent?
What are the settings of your drying tunnel?

· Registered
52 Posts
Yes indeed for this problem that I had at the time I lowered the percentage of fixation agents and increased the speed of my drying tunnel to avoid wasting time but the problem also came from my manufacturer who had used for a lot a chemical to bleach t-shirts

· Registered
21 Posts
I would agree that it is being over cured. The fixation needs the right combination of air and heat to evaporate properly. By pushing too much heat, too quickly, this burning can occur. For small burns, or light discoloration, you can try to spray some hydrogen peroxide on the burned area, and run it quickly down the dryer again. Sometimes this will help remove the burns.

· Registered
4,511 Posts
good day all, we have experienced the same on our garments. 40% fixation and a curing time of 4 min @ 160 deg celsius , what would the recommendations be, thanks in advance
No way to guess...too many variables.
Make scraps out of a few t-shirts, and test-test-test, until you find the right combination.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.