T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I did my first screen print today using Permaset Supercover White with a 200 mesh screen on black fabric. I am still waiting for my press to come in the mail, but I wanted to do a test run.

I put a board in-between the shirt.

I firmly pressed my squeegee at a 60-70 degree angle and did four runs, wet on wet. When I lifted the screen there were parts of my design where the ink didn't fully deposit. It looked faded too. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Any advice? Thanks.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good advice above. Definitely, check off contact, squeegee pressure, flood your screen, use a lower mesh count unless it is for an underbase. Also, your screen could be warped. What kind of press do you have?
Hi,

What exactly do you mean by "off contact"? It seems like I add a lot of ink, but I don't think I flooded it. I got my screen professionally burned, so I'm hoping they didn't warp it, I think I might have to buy a new one at 110 mesh. I am still waiting for my press to come in the mail-It is a Ryonet one color press. Thanks.

· Registered
61 Posts
I haven't done it yet personally however in doing research on this very issue since I'm having it as well, I have ran across advice from a shop that deals solely with water based I'm going to be practicing soon... and that is make sure you stir the ink up really well, and to mix the regular permaset aqua white with the supercover white at 25%/75% to thin it out a bit while still retaining the opacity of the supercover. The supercover is so thick its difficult to push through just about any mesh size.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.