T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pressing white vinyl on both red and royal blue shirts. I am using Siser easy weed, Gildan 2000 shirts. I pre-pressed it for four seconds at 302. I then pressed my design on the back for 12 seconds and you can see the imprint of the lower platen. That part of the shirt is now a dark red.

I have done lots of shirts, mostly black and white, some light gray. This is a first for me. It was really darker at first, it has lightened up some. It's completely cool.

Any ideas what to do? I waited until the last minute for these, thinking they would be quick. I have a backlog of shirts to do and this is the first batch I started on.

Nancy

·
Registered
214 Posts
I don't think you have a problem or that the siser easy weed changed the color of the shirts. Red shirts show the darker color more than others but I have seen other colors adjust slightly as well. The color of the shirt should return as the garment sits. I think the color change has something to do with pulling the moisture out of the fabric while it presses but don't really know for sure.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It finally turned back to the shirt color after about an hour. I was in panic mode. :) I wonder also if I should press the design on right after I pre-press or if the shirt should cool. I am going to search the forums to see if there are any posts.

Thanks!

Nancy

·
Registered
996 Posts
You pre-press the shirt to remove any moisture. If you wait too long before you press and depending on the humidity, you may let moisture back which will change the color. I was also in a panic with some royal shirts after pressing but they did return to normal after about an hour or so.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, the shirts were perfectly fine after a few hours. I think I will continue to pre-press and then apply the design right away. My shop is in my basement, but we have the air on and I have a dehumidifier in that room.

I just did my Relay for Life team shirts last night and they turned out so cute. I am so glad my confidence in building and I am okay doing shirts and selling them. For awhile I was making shirts and giving them away so I could so how they did.

Vinyl remains my favorite to use on shirts, I might try two colors when I can practice again.

Nancy

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm happy to hear your shirts turned out beautifully. Preheating is done mainly to smooth out wrinkles & remove moisture. Just a quick down & up will do the trick.

Happy Printing!
You pre-press the shirt to remove any moisture. If you wait too long before you press and depending on the humidity, you may let moisture back which will change the color. I was also in a panic with some royal shirts after pressing but they did return to normal after about an hour or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts