T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I was sold this heat press and told it was a high quality press. I paid $1500 for it, 12mths ago but after getting the f2000 I realise it wasn't :(

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Doesn't sound like it is.

By the way, on all heat presses I'm familiar with the timer has nothing to do with maintaining the temperature of the heat platen. The timer function is normally to just either beep when time is up or pop open the heat platen on auto release presses.

_

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Doesn't sound like it is.
_
Yeah I get that feeling!!! I brought this from a supplier that sold me my printer and they told me it was quality, I just think he saw a newbie and took advantage of me :( - it is a Brand name and made in Germany not China(so they say!!!)

with this heat press, when you pull the press down it disables the temp settings and your unable to make changes while engaged. I don't know if this affects anything I just know the issues with white happened the same time my timer broke.

Also, I emailed you about the RIP, I hope it was received :)

Cheers

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Yeah I get that feeling!!! I brought this from a supplier that sold me my printer and they told me it was quality, I just think he saw a newbie and took advantage of me :( - it is a Brand name and made in Germany not China(so they say!!!)

with this heat press, when you pull the press down it disables the temp settings and your unable to make changes while engaged. I don't know if this affects anything I just know the issues with white happened the same time my timer broke.

Also, I emailed you about the RIP, I hope it was received :)

Cheers

Sounds like a strange operating system for a heat press. What brand and model is it?

Have not received your email yet.

_

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
this is really strange

Tested again today
3min hover 175c see images, good coverage
checked on print after 50sec and 90sec and the print cracked. see image
I used very very little pressure when curing

I have a temp gun and says temp is even across the the hole plate, the only difference is that the temp readout is 170c on the gun and 175c on temp gage

?? Why would it crack after hover ??

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I think I pin pointed the main problem with white ink cracking

1. Pretreatment of Garment - I think I was rushing this process and the garment wasn't 100% dry, ** FIX. Pretreat, hover under heatpress and air dry
2. Clean off any loose fluff
3. Press before print - I was being too gentle, FIX. Press with medium pressure for less time so I dont burn off the Pretreatment, this leaves a nice surface after about 15sec.
4. USE A RIP - LOL
5. Good pooling when printed
6. Leave on Press until pooling has gone into fabric
7. Hover 90sec at max height of Press (any longer and it starts to crack, I think this is because my press isn't that far off the garment when hovering only about 10mm, if I could I would like to hover for longer.
8. Press with medium pressure(hard with Manual press, so I wind it down until dial shows resistance when turning) - Light pressure causes cracking, as its not curing the heavy white ink to the pretreatment
9. Done, nice solid white print no cracking

Does this sound right now???

Cheers,
Ryan

21 - 32 of 32 Posts