T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm VERY new. First foray into tee shirt business. I'm doing very well but I'm having some issues with white on dark shirts.

Pretreating with epson 1:1 or just a bit less. 32g on a full spray when needed. Drying at 300 for two sets of 30 seconds using quillen paper. Pretreat is a Lawson Silverjet.

White ink density set to between 10 and 20, double pass with as much as 120 seconds drying time but I'm getting mixed results. Sometimes it's so runny it has literally dripped. Other times I see the shirt color coming through. Color of shirt doesn't seem to matter as I've used red and black.

Secondary questions:
Quillen paper seems to be excessive but otherwise press gets really nasty quick.
Using teflon sheet for curing.

Open to suggestions.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Forget the 32grams stuff and for sure ditch the paper and use teflon.

Pretreat your shirt until it looks almost saturated or kinda wet to the touch. If it's puddling then that too much. If you are having opaque issues then after you pretreat and heat, try pretreating a light coat and heating again. Then print.

Dry at about 1 minute at 325.

If your design has a big coverage of white or your tee has a LOT of ink on it hover dry for about 30 seconds and then press dry.

·
Registered
625 Posts
just buy a laser White toner printer and use the Neenah Image Clip paper for darks and make a shirt in 2 minutes.
1- print white toner on Imaging sheet.
2-Marry it to white Transfer sheet for 20 seconds
3- Press it to the shirt for 60 seconds & cold peel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts