T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This brief video will show you how to print white ink on a black shirt with a single stroke and no flash. There is no need to print using multiple strokes or to print/flash/print (or worse!).

Think about it. If you are using just two strokes to print white ink, you can double your production with this technique. Worse, if you are using a print/flash/print technique, you can expect to produce 4 to 5 times as many shirts in the same amount of time.

The most important question you should be asking yourself is - What am I going to do with all that extra time and/or money?

Open your mind, watch the video and learn how to control the screenprinting process more successfully.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtLvG0X3_JU[/media]

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the video. The push stroke is a hidden secret to success with white! It's what we've been taught to use. It works.
Congratulations on your success. Yes, surprisingly, although pushing a squeegee is much better in a number of ways, you'd be amazed at the number of people at trade shows where I give demonstrations who say, "I can't change the way I print after all these years of pulling a squeegee!" Here is an email that I received just yesterday from a printer:

"Yes, I got it. I must say I see your point, but I'm pretty sure I'll never, ever push a squeegee, it's just too uncomfortable (for me. I've been printing since '72). Thanks, and have a good day."

Some people simply refuse to make the changes, any changes, that will bring them success. It reminds me of that old Indian phrase, "TTWWADI" (pronounced tawaddie) which stands for "That's the we've always done it!" The printer above has been printing for 36 years and is still not successful enough to hire someone to do what he does, so he can work "on" his business instead of "in" his business.

Success comes from a lot of things, but innovation plays a very big part. Those who constantly work at finding better ways to do the work, will find success much quicker than those who just keep on doing things the same old way.

Thanks for the comment.

Bill Hood

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Excellent info! I'm going to give it a try....

I visited your sight to review your other videos and I couldn't click on any of them.

Just and FYI....

Thanks Bill

·
Registered
3 Posts
ive seen it but now i can't seem to get it to work - does the emulsion need to be thicker?

sweatshirts are really a problem. - it does work with front stroke pressing ink in then flash then front stroke and finally the backward stroke. great white but doing this my reg sometimes fails and that's what i want to avoid.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ive seen it but now i can't seem to get it to work - does the emulsion need to be thicker?

sweatshirts are really a problem. - it does work with front stroke pressing ink in then flash then front stroke and finally the backward stroke. great white but doing this my reg sometimes fails and that's what i want to avoid.
Sidney, there are a good number of things that you must do to achieve success in printing white on black. Perhaps the most important thing you will ever learn in screenprinting, besides that the customer pays for everything, is that the wet ink deposit is always equal to the stencil thickness.

All mesh manufacturers publish a "mesh specification guide" that gives the Theoretical Ink Volume (TIV) for each mesh count/thread diameter. This is a great guide for achieving the right amount of ink on a single print. If you make a single pass and determine that you need about 20-percent more ink, why print another 100-percent when you can simply move to a mesh count that gives a 20-percent increase in TIV and be done with it?

You do not need to keep making the same error over and over again. Simply make the necessary change to effect the results that you want to achieve.

Albert Einstein defined insanity as, "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Learn from your errors and make the changes today!

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks for the info! I figured that out already so simple but yet I was so stupid about it for awhile - Ink looks great now but in my great hurry and fun that I was doing great - I printed all the shirts perfectly at an angle - SWEATSHIRTS ARE EXPENSIVE TO PRINT TWICE. But I learned a lot during this run thanks for all your help. - Sid

·
Registered
249 Posts
I read this thread and tried it for the first time today, Wow great results. I did not get it in one stroke, I still Print/Flashed/Printed, but the results where so much better with the push stroke. Nice clean edges, not thick as a brick.
Once I got a rhythm down it was easy to flood the screen then push, then flood then move to the next shirt, then push then flood then move etc. etc.
Besides letting the squeegee fall into the ink (I'll clean it later) it went great.
Thanks Bill.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts