T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All!
I have, for a few years now, been on and off toying with white plastisol on black shirts. I have gotten minmal results. I can make everything happen smoothly until I print the shirts. That is stretching /emulsion /burning screens is no problem.

I feel that my error is in my mesh count & technique. I am asking for an experienced recommendation on what is the perfect setup (ink/ mesh count) for white on black.

I have come to the understanding that this is one of the more difficult tasks to master in the world of screen printing. I feel that I will stay with 50/50 shirts but I am open to any suggestions. I have come into a few dollars and am looking to alleviate this difficulty once and for all.
On a side note I have water-color dialed, no problem (except I go through screens like paper cups).

Thankyou all for your time. I have searched the forums but honestly I feel that I am at a loss.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Billiever said:
Greetings All!
I have, for a few years now, been on and off toying with white plastisol on black shirts. I have gotten minmal results.
hi there, what is the problem after you print the black shirt ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The print looks and feels gritty. I mean it really looks like there is sand in the ink. It is also super thick, nothing like any shirts I own. I even have a few shirts that are "bullet proofed" (super thick) but they are still smooth. What I come out with totally looks and feels terrible.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
You need a better ink.

Try One Stroke white. They make the best hite inks. They go down easy and smooth. I've even found that 230 mesh with p/f/p results in an opaque print with very little hand.

They are a little more expensive, but well worth the extra. I don't buy their colors, they perform the same as Union Ultrasoft for me and cost too much.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Billiever said:
Greetings All!
I have, for a few years now, been on and off toying with white plastisol on black shirts. I have gotten minmal results. I can make everything happen smoothly until I print the shirts. That is stretching /emulsion /burning screens is no problem.

I feel that my error is in my mesh count & technique. I am asking for an experienced recommendation on what is the perfect setup (ink/ mesh count) for white on black.

I have come to the understanding that this is one of the more difficult tasks to master in the world of screen printing. I feel that I will stay with 50/50 shirts but I am open to any suggestions. I have come into a few dollars and am looking to alleviate this difficulty once and for all.
On a side note I have water-color dialed, no problem (except I go through screens like paper cups).

Thankyou all for your time. I have searched the forums but honestly I feel that I am at a loss.
Good morning,
We use a 160 and 110 screen and use white on black quite a bit and have never had a problem.
That's just me, I do not know what works for everyone else
Just be sure you stir the ink

Have a great day

1 - 5 of 5 Posts