T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a problem with the RIP software for our Texjet Plus. When we go into the White mask management and set the white mask on "not pixel based", the white mask is generated correctly as a full white layer and also shown correctly before starting the print job.

Unfortunately our Texjet then occasionally prints a pixel based white mask, it seems pretty random. Has anybody had this problem?!

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi Kai,

This only happens in the preview window, NOT in the actual print. If you change once the setting, it will hold it (but only in the preview again). Just restart the Texjet RIP and select you preferred setting in order to get it in the preview window as well. In any case, the printer will print whatever you have selected.

K.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Kostas,

Thanks for your help, I'm not sure I'm getting the point.

When we produce the preview window we can either tick the box "Pixel based White" or leave it unchecked. When we leave it unchecked and click on "resume" the software generates a pixel based mask as preview (which seems to be the wrong way around), when we tick it and click "resume" we get a non-pixel based white mask. With the unchecked box we have had no problems so far, the printer always has shown the correct preview and printed the pixel based white mask correctly.

But now we feel we might get better washability results with a full white mask because the white ink can stick better to the garment (it's a guess...). So we have tried to tick the box, got a non-pixel based preview, clicked on "resume", left the white mask management and started the print job - but the printer decides to print a pixel based white mask anyway.

I've got one more point to ask you concerning the fixation of the Dupont inks, could you send me a PM or an email so I can contact you? Would be great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.