T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all. I bought the DTG Pro L1800 printer and it works great with white and gray shirts. When I go to print on black, the white color looks like a dull blue-ish gray color. I'm printing on a medium weight Gildan shirt.

I'll press the shirt first for about 30 seconds, spray the pretreatment on with a wagner sprayer (approx. 30 grams), then press the shirt again for 40 seconds at 330deg with medium pressure.

No matter what I do with either trying to use more or less treatment, longer on the press, etc... white ink doesn't print right. It almost looks like the machine isn't putting down enough of it.

Anyone have any ideas if I am doing something wrong, have the wrong settings in AcroRip, or if I may have a defective print head?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually when that happens on my Omniprint Freejet, its one of three things:

1) One or more of your white ink lines is clogged.
2) You need to clean your print head.

Hope that helps!
Thank you and I'll do a more thorough cleaning in a few minutes. I'm still learning this machine and it has printed like this from the moment I primed it, though.

I just found a video about this, too, and possibly my white ink is also separating in the damper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, I cleared the lines and brought fresh ink through both white dampers along with doing a print head cleaning twice. The white ink came out better on the black shirt, but it still appears to have a blue tint to it even when I print a design that doesn't use blue ink.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, despite all the advice from DTG and them saying it was not an ink issue, I cleared the lines and print head of the ink I had been using and refilled with new ink I had just purchased. Guess what..... it was bad ink. No matter how much I had agitated it or shaken it in the bottle, it wasn't coming out proper. Refilled the lines and within a few passes it was printing bright white on black shirts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, despite all the advice from DTG and them saying it was not an ink issue, I cleared the lines and print head of the ink I had been using and refilled with new ink I had just purchased. Guess what..... it was bad ink. No matter how much I had agitated it or shaken it in the bottle, it wasn't coming out proper. Refilled the lines and within a few passes it was printing bright white on black shirts.
We have the same issue with our new L1800 printer and it tried everything from over printing white 6 times ect.
we did expect bad ink.
DJ where and what white ink did you purchase. We are from South Africa and need to import.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts