T-Shirt Forums banner

White ink washing out

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Celtic 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I've been having a problem with my white ink on black shirts. I've noticed that when I wash the shirt, some parts of the design washes out. I use plastisol ink. Am I supposed to mix anything into the white ink? Should I be heating it for more time? Help me please.. I'm sooo confused! :confused:

I've done black ink on white shirts, and those came out just fine.

#2 ·
plastisol inks need to reach 320 degrees to cure properly...are you using a temp gun to check the temp as you are curing? also how are you curing the shirts? conveyor or flash? or worse a heat gun? I use a flash and it takes 15 seconds for the ink to reach 320 degrees , so I cure for 25 seconds to make sure the ink is curing from top to bottom. good luck

Inked

#3 ·
Are you Print/Flash/Print?

Does the top layer look like it is flaking off?

The other option besides not reaching the proper cure temp is that you are flashing your underbase to long and then the second print will not stick. For flash you want to gel the ink...normally the 200 degree range, print again and then cure at the 300 to 320 range...depending on ink brand/type.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.