T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a Brother GT-381 that was allowed to dry up the white ink (no maintenance done for over a year). Is there any hope of salvaging the printheads or should I just bite the bullet and order new ones? No maintenance solution gets pulled through on any of the heads, so they are all totally clogged. I've found a few printhead cleaners online, but looks like none of them want to touch these white heads.

Any suggestions/tips are greatly appreciated. I'm hoping we can salvage even one or two of these heads. The thought of having to put $4000 into this machine is infuriating. Mostly because it's our own &%$# fault!

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Try Garmentprinterink.com They have a machine that cleans printheads. If they can't clean it they don't charge except shipping. If they get it clean its $199.00 a head. I think those heads are shot no matter what after a year. The white ink is like a solid rubber ball in the heads after this amount of time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.