T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some samples sent to me of white ink, I printed a few jobs with the samples it was creamy and printed/flashed very nice. So i bought a few 5 gallon buckets of the white ink, I opened it up and it was so thick (even after mixing with power drill and mixing paddle) i have an automatic and the ink did not flood the screen it just stayed between the flood bar & squeegee and then pushed out the front on the sides. I called said company and was called today here is what i was told....

this batch just came off the line on monday and they make it thick as the chemical that they use takes a few weeks to react and the ink will be the right consistency after a few weeks. They are going to send me some viscosity buster to use for now. Does anyone know this to be true? after 2 weeks the ink will be normal consistency???

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
this batch just came off the line on monday and they make it thick as the chemical that they use takes a few weeks to react and the ink will be the right consistency after a few weeks. They are going to send me some viscosity buster to use for now. Does anyone know this to be true? after 2 weeks the ink will be normal consistency???
Doesn't sound right to me, but that (Wilflex I assume) viscosity buster is 100% plasticizer and will fix the issue.

I had some samples sent to me of white ink, I printed a few jobs with the samples it was creamy and printed/flashed very nice. So i bought a few 5 gallon buckets of the white ink, I opened it up and it was so thick
Are you sure you bought the same white ink? Wilflex has a few versions of white.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is not Wilflex ink, but it was the same ink as the sample they sent me, and it will be their version of the viscosity buster. My question is more about what he told me that the chemical will take a few weeks to work, and make the ink creamy, So if that is the case wouldn't adding the viscosity buster make the ink too loose after the chemical kicks in after 2 weeks? My BS meter is telling me they just want me to add the VB to solve the problem. If it was just 1 bucket ok but i bought 4 5 gallon buckets...

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
My BS meter is telling me they just want me to add the VB to solve the problem. If it was just 1 bucket ok but i bought 4 5 gallon buckets...
Probably the case if it is regular PVC based plastislol. Non-PVC inks may be a different.

If it was just 1 bucket ok but i bought 4 5 gallon buckets...
You don't have to do all of them at the same time. Do one for now, and see what happens in a few weeks.

So if that is the case wouldn't adding the viscosity buster make the ink too loose after the chemical kicks in after 2 weeks?
Your supplier will probably have a thickener, s you could thicken it again.
Adding both additives will affect the opacity a little bit, but it will be hardly noticeable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts