T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to tear my hair out!
When I print color over white it looks like white treads are poking up through the color. Makes for an ungodly ugly print job. It used to only do this with red which was baffling but tollerable. Now it's popping up through any color that we print over white. I just installed new white cartridges yesterday and this is the second print off of those.

I was told that the best shirt is anything that is 100% ringspun cotton. But...The only time this does NOT happen is when I use Gildan Ultra or Heavy. This particular customer ONLY likes the ringspun cotton shirts.

Can anyone help? Brother tech support just tells me to use a different shirt. I have tried all. the. shirts.

Attachments

· Registered
217 Posts
Here are some things I do to prevent that...

1. Make sure white inks are shaken well. I notice that my first or two prints at the beginning of the day are usually the worst, even if I do a clean.

2. Use heavy even pressure 5 sec before printing. I have clam heat press and air fusion and it makes a difference when I use the air fusion.

3. After printing, let the heat press hover over the garment for a little bit. I do about 30 sec.

You should also check your white alignment or adjust the choke.

· Registered
220 Posts
Jennifer, this issue is caused by fibers sticking up and laying flat once pressed and showing white specs. You will want to ensure your pretreater is properly calibrated and correct amount based off shirt color is being applied. If this is correct, you will want to ensure teflon cover is being used with 75-80PSI for 35 seconds when drying pretreat; teflon covers can become worn so you will want to ensure it's still a non stick surface.To rule out teflon you can use a nonstick parchment paper sheet to cure pretreat.
An additional/optional step prior to heat pressing is using a fine brush and brushing pretreat in one direction prior to heat pressing. This will ensure all fibers are in one direction. If you’re located within the US or Canada and this didn't resolve your issue, please give us a 877-4Brother or contact your original dealer if outside these areas.

· Registered
3 Posts
I'm about to tear my hair out!
When I print color over white it looks like white treads are poking up through the color. Makes for an ungodly ugly print job. It used to only do this with red which was baffling but tollerable. Now it's popping up through any color that we print over white. I just installed new white cartridges yesterday and this is the second print off of those.

I was told that the best shirt is anything that is 100% ringspun cotton. But...The only time this does NOT happen is when I use Gildan Ultra or Heavy. This particular customer ONLY likes the ringspun cotton shirts.

Can anyone help? Brother tech support just tells me to use a different shirt. I have tried all. the. shirts.
Did you every figure out your issue with the white showing through?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.