T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what is going on but we have 2 sets of white ink cartridges that we used in our printer (4 carts total) and the printer is reporting that they are out of ink and we need to replace them (it won't print until we do). When we removed the carts they are all almost full. The set we just put in is showing full so hopefully it was an anomaly.

Anyone else have this issue? I will report to Epson and request that they send me 4 new cartridges to replace these 4...

·
Registered
189 Posts
on the end of the ink cartridge is a computer chip that tells the printer how much ink it has. Make sure ther is no gunk on it or in the slot on the printer. Long shot because it is usually spotless. I am sure you have also tried just turning everything off and on. Definitely a new one. Sorry.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chip is clean. I will see what Epson says. My only theory is that we were having issues with our printer printing white ink. Turns out the dampers needed replacing. I am thinking that because they were clogged the printer thought it was using ink during all the head cleans and attempts to print when in reality the ink wasn't actually used because it was clogged.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update...

Epson is having me send my 4 cartridges to them to check (using their fedex number). Once they receive them they will send me 4 new cartridges and advise if they find the issue when they test the ones I am sending back.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Had you been getting a good nozzle test on the white ink? I could see if you weren't getting a good nozzle check and running cleans and it still showed bad. The chips would recognize the ink as being used but it really wasn't as you were indicating.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The nozzle checks were completely blank on the white ink channels. So far (since our machine was repaired) the current set of ink appears to be displaying accurately.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
If they were completely blank and you did a head clean, another nozzle check and it was still completely blank, then it makes sense. The chips are programmed for 600ml (or 250ml) and when a clean is initiated, a certain amount of ink is removed from the chip. If everything is flowing properly, that volume of ink is removed from the cartridge. If it's not, then the chip reads the specific amount of ink is removed, but the cartridge would remain the same if completely clogged, or less if the ink wasn't flowing as much as it should. The end result would be more ink than what should be in the cartridge.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have gone through 2 more sets of white ink and the ink cartridges were actually emptied so I am certain that the issue was as we suspected (and is no longer an issue). We sent the 4 mostly full cartridges back to EPSON and they replaced all of them.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
We have gone through 2 more sets of white ink and the ink cartridges were actually emptied so I am certain that the issue was as we suspected (and is no longer an issue). We sent the 4 mostly full cartridges back to EPSON and they replaced all of them.

Epson is very good when it comes to replacing the ink if there were any issues.

_

1 - 10 of 10 Posts