T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I don't know why I can't get a great full cover white, as you can see in attachement it seems like a white density.... I've test to put at 20+ on density of white (no change) trying also to put the platter at 3 to level 2 (no change).

I'm with a pretreat Epson 1:2 and with spray Wagner, on Garment Creator color lvl 2 and white lvl 3, all the nozzles are good, any idea about the problem ?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Sweatshirts require a heavier deposit of pretreat since the material is thicker. Epson recommends diluting it's pretreat concentrate 1 to 1 with distilled water. When you heat press the pretreat to dry it you should use a silicone parchment sheet as a cover. The sheet should easily glide off when you remove it after. If you are tugging at it the pretreat wasn't dried long enough.
_

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweatshirts require a heavier deposit of pretreat since the material is thicker. Epson recommends diluting it's pretreat concentrate 1 to 1 with distilled water. When you heat press the pretreat to dry it you should use a silicone parchment sheet as a cover. The sheet should easily glide off when you remove it after. If you are tugging at it the pretreat wasn't dried long enough.
_
Hi, ok thanks That I've thinking and see, I'll test it at 1:1 and let you know.

·
Registered
843 Posts
On mid tone colours like green, I wouldn't change the pretreat ratio you're using, it will help with staining that coloured garment and the white should still look good. The main issue I see here is you're curing the pretreat incorrectly for sweats. You have heaps of voids in your pretreat foundation, (the spots), because steam is building up in the press when the press is closed and it can't escape. This causes the spots in your PT foundation.

Before pretreating, press the sweat to remove all moisture. After spraying the pretreat, air dry or hover dry a little before pressing to reduce moisture. When pressing, do it in stages, lifting the press a few times during the curing to let the steam escape. This technique will greatly improve your final result for sweats.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information we'll make some test like you've say and see it and let you know here the resultat. We have a teflon protection on the top and the back of the press everytime, and use a parchement paper sheet. I Press one time 45s. with the paper and second time 45s. without the paper.... and I'll test it to open the press during the times for the steam and I'll see the difference, and also press the sweat before pretrait.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys, I have the same problem with t-shirt sweatshirt and hoodie: I don't know why I can't get a great full cover white. I do not have a pretreatment machine, I use a roller. Could be this the problem?

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Hi guys, I have the same problem with t-shirt sweatshirt and hoodie: I don't know why I can't get a great full cover white. I do not have a pretreatment machine, I use a roller. Could be this the problem?

The roller method is the worst, and most expensive, way of applying pretreat. If you do not have the budget for an automatic pretreater then the best other way is to use a hand power sprayer like the Wagner Control Spray Double Duty Sprayer.

Just keep in mind that with a power sprayer you have to apply the pretreat in a separate room away from your printer. You never want any pretreat mist getting into your printer.

_

1 - 9 of 9 Posts