T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my second posting (my 1st being an intro only a short time ago):) I am having trouble as to figuring out WHY my machine (Kiosk HM1) is not printing the white ink?! :confused: It seems to get a small amount of ink throug one of the tubes but that's it! Have done numerous nozzle checks, cleans, even sucked a bunch of ink with a sirynge...I am trying to avoid a full on flush so am hoping anyone out there may have other suggestions of what to try prior to having to empty all the inks and flushing. thank you :)

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Hi, this is my second posting (my 1st being an intro only a short time ago):) I am having trouble as to figuring out WHY my machine (Kiosk HM1) is not printing the white ink?! :confused: It seems to get a small amount of ink throug one of the tubes but that's it! Have done numerous nozzle checks, cleans, even sucked a bunch of ink with a sirynge...I am trying to avoid a full on flush so am hoping anyone out there may have other suggestions of what to try prior to having to empty all the inks and flushing. thank you :)

Could be an issue with your capping assembly. Stick a syringe in each waste tube, move the print head away from the capping station, put a little cleaning solution on top of the caps, and see if you can pull it through the waste hose with the syringe.

Harry
Equipment Zone

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could be an issue with your capping assembly. Stick a syringe in each waste tube, move the print head away from the capping station, put a little cleaning solution on top of the caps, and see if you can pull it through the waste hose with the syringe.

Harry
Equipment Zone
Hi there, thank you for replying to my querie...I believe that my waste ink tubes that sit below the capping station leading to the waste ink bottle are blocked, I am at a loss as to how to remove the capping station to clean underneath as well as unblock the tubes. I have had no reply from my supplier and so am desperate! I viewed a video on the capping station removal but it wasn't the same as my machine - Kiosk HM1 purchased in Australia almost 12 months ago...thank you in advance...A :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could be humidity ? we use a humidifier during periods of low humidity because the white will not flow well
Thank you very much for your suggestion, we are in Melbourne and the humidity is not a problem at the moment...I have flushed my whole system and now am going to check the capping station and tubes leading to the waste ink bottle (as not much is going in there, just one big mess under the capping station)...once I learn how to remove it...lol...A :)

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Hi there, thank you for replying to my querie...I believe that my waste ink tubes that sit below the capping station leading to the waste ink bottle are blocked, I am at a loss as to how to remove the capping station to clean underneath as well as unblock the tubes. I have had no reply from my supplier and so am desperate! I viewed a video on the capping station removal but it wasn't the same as my machine - Kiosk HM1 purchased in Australia almost 12 months ago...thank you in advance...A :)

If the capping assembly is very blocked you may have to replace it with a new one.

Harry
Equipment Zone

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are very quick, thank you for getting back to me again...the capping station is working - in that it does suck the ink from the head and in this instance the cleaning solution I poured onto it. It just isn't drawing the liquid through to the waste ink bottle, instead making a big mess UNDER the capping station, which is why I am eager to get under there to check the waste ink tube connection (I once had to clean a big mess coming from the connections coming apart in the section between the capping station and the waste ink bottle)...if you could, I would really appreciate if you could instruct me or direct me to where these instructions can be found in order to remove the capping station of a kiosk HM1 - unfortunately what I was given refers to the earlier kiosk - yet does not explain how to remove it...thank you again, A :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
As a part of our daily maintenance we "flush" our waste ink lines with a little bit of Simple Green (just a few drops). Also, when our waste ink bottle is full, we "suck out" the excess ink vigorously with a syringe. These direct to garment printers are great...once you figure them out!

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
As a part of our daily maintenance we "flush" our waste ink lines with a little bit of Simple Green (just a few drops).
Yes, It's good to keep your waste ink line clean, but be very careful with the use of Simple Green as we have found that it effects the adhesive on the nozzle plate and starts to de-laminate it. I realize you where just using it in your waste lines but some users may try filling the capping station with it that would be in contact with the head.

It would be best to use either straight ammonia or original Windex.
Keep in mind neither ammonia or Windex and should be left in contact with the nozzle plate for extended periods of time. Just pass it through and flush it out.
If you do use one of these to flush your system you must finish with a true flushing solution or refill it with your ink.

For true clogs there are quite specialized chemicals designed for that purpose.

I would not suggest using Simple Green for this application, although it's a great product for many other things...just not printers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts