T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Epson F2000 for a few months. The issue is the black shirts. The white ink does not print dark enough on the shirt for part of the text design. I've done the maintenance (head cap cleaning, nozzle check, white ink, head cleaning). I've used the treater on the shirt. I recently added new white ink. It prints white text but it fails to print the part of the top of the font as you can see in the attached picture. It also looks a bit distressed too.

What steps am I missing here?

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
What brand/model t shirt are you printing on? I have found that the type of t shirt plays the biggest factor in the quality of your print. Try a cotton herritage mc1082, as color 5001 staple tee, Bella canvas 3001, or next level 3600. These are the shirts I find print well with the epson f2000. There are others but these are the tee's i have personally tried that work well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I thought that pre-treat just caused the fibers to lay flat and not poke through the ink. Does it do something else?

·
Registered
648 Posts
The chemicals in the pre-treat create a base for the white ink to gel to the fibres and sit on top rather than sink in the material. Pressing your shirt before pre-treat will press down stray fibres and remove any moisture in the garment.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The chemicals in the pre-treat create a base for the white ink to gel to the fibres and sit on top rather than sink in the material. Pressing your shirt before pre-treat will press down stray fibres and remove any moisture in the garment.

I see. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used the Gildan 2000 brand which is not ringspun. I have Hanes and Keya. I will try those and will also try the other brands recommended.

I will do a more thorough pre-treat to see if that resolves it. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I used the Gildan 2000 brand which is not ringspun. I have Hanes and Keya. I will try those and will also try the other brands recommended.

I will do a more thorough pre-treat to see if that resolves it. Thanks everyone.
We use Gildan 2000 or 5000 for about 95% of what we do here. The issue you have there is it looks like you missed the pretreat which is easy to do and I have done it a ton of times. Especially if you do it right and it's almost invisible on the shirt. While there are plenty of shirts out there that are better than Gildan and they do make a difference in print quality but it won't matter a hill of beans if you don't pretreat correctly or miss the pretreatment

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a similar issue, I can't get a solid white print to look bright. It looks good off the printed but after the curing it looks like crap. Press it for 70 seconds very light pressure has given me the best results. It looks sold going into the press but looks off brown when it's done and you can see the fibers.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I'm pretreating with a roller like the epson video shows. I press at 340 for 70 seconds.

Do not use a roller. Spray the pretreat on. An automatic pretreater is the best method (of course :)). But if your budget doesn't allow for one now then get a Wagner Control Spray Double Duty hand power sprayer.

https://www.amazon.com/Wagner-05180...66340264&sr=8-1&keywords=wagner+control+spray

If you are using the Epson pretreat concentrate watch how much you dilute it. Recommended 1 to 1 with distilled water and make sure it is mixed well. After you spray the pretreat on you should heat press it with firm pressure and use a cover sheet. You are not only drying the pretreat but also flattening the fibers on the garment.

_

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I print mainly on Gildan Ultra 2000 t's and I get excellent results as long as I pretreat properly. I have used the Epson pretreatment at 1:1 also and for me this seems to be the best. Adding a little bit more pretreatment for a thick Gildan t-shirt doesn't really cost but pennies more. Either way, more pretreatment or ring spun t's (can be expensive) you'll have to spend a little bit more coin.

Most of my customers like the Gildans over most ring spun thin t's.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here is a list of the Shirts that Equipment Zone and Epson said work best with that printer.

Printing on DTG is all about the pretreat, you have invested 15K in the printer, why not get a professional pretreater?

Click the thumbnail below:

Kyle

Attachments

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Here is a list of the Shirts that Equipment Zone and Epson said work best with that printer.

Printing on DTG is all about the pretreat, you have invested 15K in the printer, why not get a professional pretreater?

Click the thumbnail below:

Kyle

Kyle,

Looks like you've been to one of our training seminars :)

_

1 - 16 of 16 Posts