T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi again! :)
So- I've had my T-Jet 2 for about 2 months now and I'm having a great time learning all about it and DTG printing. BIG thanks to everyone here and at myt-jet forums who have helped me out.
My newest concern/question is about the white pass not lining up with the color pass. From time to time I'm getting a white halo or shift of the color when the color goes down (or when the white goes down)- but you get what I mean.
We've got a sample shirt/image that we print (on Hanes black shirts) about 10 a day of to send out as samples to our customers. And we get varying results of the whites/colors lining up. In different ways. Sometimes shifting to the right - shifts to the upper left - more to the left than last time... I've set the choke to the max but still get the off registration at times.
I'm using the newest FastArtist/Rip with a completely new (from what I know) referbed T-Jet 2.
Besides this, I'm very happy and ready to start selling on our site. Our customers know about the machine and ready to place orders, but I've got to fix this glitch. Any suggestions???
As always- Thank!!!!!

T

· Premium Member
8,928 Posts
Hi Thomas :)

what do you have your machine setting on? Is it possible that you are getting vibration and that your platen is shifting at all in the bed? It doesnt sound like the choke as you say it is doing it differently at different times. If it was the choke, it would be the same every time. I would see if the platen is being shifted by vibration.

· Registered
5,872 Posts
If it is a left to right or right to left shift issue then I do not think it's your shirt holder moving. If you want to be absolutely sure put your shirt holder in the tray and use some duct tape from the hoop to the tray sides to eliminate any movement. If the shifting does go away then that is your problem. I think you need to clean or replace your encoder strip. I would also clean the gear driving the carriage assembly belt. The other item you want to make sure of is that your print modes are the same for both your white underpass and color pass. If you are using photo mode for the underpass then you must use photo mode for the color pass. Same for cartoon mode.

Harry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.