T-Shirt Forums banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hey all,
I just got my f2000 late last week and have a few q's. Before I start I did a sample with the tech that was here and it look awesome. Went to do a sample for a customer from the same file and it looked crap. Anyway my q's are:
I'm in Australia, has anyone here used biz, jbs or wining spirit Ts?
Also is GC good enough or should I get another rip - if so which one?
Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks
Joe
Hey Joe

You should be able to find out what you did differently to the tech because you were there weren't you? :)

I've sampled all those brands you mention on the F2000 and my results weren't very good using Garment Creator. They're not the best given the piss-weak amount of white GC lays down on the first pass. Using NeoRIP, no problems and excellent results on pretty much any brand.

When I got my F2000 I tried all the brands I used to screen print on, and AScolour and Sportage were the only ones that print well on the F2000 using GC. Sportage is also sold as New Milan by some who cut the top tag off.

Do you need a RIP? Depends on what you're trying to achieve. There are two available for the F2000 and I've sampled both. You should demo them and see which one suits your needs. I use NeoRIP/Kothari Print Pro.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi,
Yes same brand of shirt. I pretreated them both with epson pretreated. 1:1
Then in heat press for 45 secs
Both were done exactly the same way.
Even from the USB I used - exactly the same file

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi all,
Changed some settings. What's the verdict on this? Anything I can do better?
One thing I don't like is the way GC leave a slight amount of white on the outside of the image where I did transparent white. Any suggestions to fix this issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
In GC there is an option to choke the white. This will fix your problem.

GC does a great job in some areas but what Mammath is suggesting is that you need to try an aftermarket RIP software like NeoRIP or Digital Factory. Garment Creator lays down white under the black so when you have artwork that you are printing on black t's that has a big area of black in the design like yours does the black printed by GC tends to not match the black of the shirt so it give it kind of a grayish look.

Both NeoRIP and DF have trials that you can try before you buy.

Your print looks nice and I am sure that it looks better in person but with a RIP it could look so much better.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
When using the transparent tool, it appears you did a global setting. In other words, when you clicked white, it did all white in the design. White backgrounds are tough to remove for any RIP without some kind of intervention. To remove only the white on the outside and not the inside, you would want to check the Only Neighboring Area box and then turn your tolerance up more. until the white outer edge disappears. You can use a higher resolution in your preview window for more accuracy, but it will slow your software down.

·
Registered
533 Posts
It also might be cause by anti aliasing where you are in the area of pixels between deleted and not deleted and Photoshop sets these as semi transparent and so will still get some white down.

It can be tricky to clean these up without the right tools, Photoshop doesn't make editing the alpha layer easy. But you can do it with the following steps

Select the transparent layer in photoshop.
Select Layer - Layer mask - From transparency

You will then see the transparency as a layer mask and if you look in channels you can see it as a new channel called something like layer 0 mask.
You can then select just this channel and make adjustments using levels / curves etc..
So for example can make all semi transparent pixels transparent.

When done right click on the layer mask (in layers window) and select apply layer mask

In DFA we supply a plugin to do this, but otherwise this is what you have to do.

Best regards

-David

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for the advise guys. I downloaded neorip trial so I will give that a go for sure.
Yes it does look better in person but there is room for improvement.

Will also try changing the settings in GC to see the difference too.
Thanks again and I'll be posting up today's trials ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Please forgive my ignorance here... but what does the pause between the white layers accomplish? We're having such issues here with our F2000...

·
Registered
843 Posts
Please forgive my ignorance here... but what does the pause between the white layers accomplish? We're having such issues here with our F2000...
The F2000 ink is really thin compared to other DTG inks, so adding a pause allows the white ink to settle before the CMYK pass. Level 2 white in GC isn't too bad but if you're using level 3 white, you'll need to pause because the white ink really pools on the shirt.

Also with CMYK only prints, if you're double striking a pause between passes can help if the print is bleeding on the second pass.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey mammoth - care to be a mentor? Any other exciting tips/tricks that the folks that make these machines don't/can't share? :confused: So much wasted time and money. Thanks for the tip though - it makes a world of difference!

The F2000 ink is really thin compared to other DTG inks, so adding a pause allows the white ink to settle before the CMYK pass. Level 2 white in GC isn't too bad but if you're using level 3 white, you'll need to pause because the white ink really pools on the shirt.

Also with CMYK only prints, if you're double striking a pause between passes can help if the print is bleeding on the second pass.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hello Dave,

I can't download cadlink ... i have an error just at the end of the process ... Can you tell me what could happen ?
I had already downloded it for brother just to see but have never bought the brother.
Now i have the epson and would like to see if a rip is very better than GC when i have both illustration and big white lettering. It's not possible to always make two whites and colors after ... I don't want to sleep only an hour per day :)

thanks a lot.

I have windows 10

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the .exe file. When i lanch it the download begin and ... juste at the end, an error occured.
I don't know why. Maybe because i had already downloaded the version for the brother ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks, I'm in Australia can someone recommend a proven quality dtg shirt that is available here
I'm located in Australia too. I have used Gildan 2000's before but they are rough for DTG and take a ton of pretreat.

I found best results on shirts available in Australia:
Sportage Surf Tee
Quoz Wave Tee
Gildan Softstyle

Pretreat mixture of 40/60 water
brush in with paintbrush and airdry overnight
Medium/heavy press before printing

If you need solid white on your prints I use level 3 white but reduce white density to -10 to -20 (do a test print before you do a run)

Hope this helps:)

61 - 80 of 82 Posts