T-Shirt Forums banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow you guys must work twenty hours a day seven day a week to print that many shirts treating and pressing would easily take longer than that at ten minutes a shirt over 500 shirts a week how do you do that ??

·
Registered
11 Posts
We use Hanes tees in the beefy they have a nice smooth surface also try to not smooth down the tee with your hands when putting them onto your jig it looks in the top photos that you have not got all the white ink lines flowing always do a head check before you start printing and a head clean if needed the way you spray makes a difference and also the paper used to heat press the sprayed shirt to fix the pretreatment Coldesi have a good youtube video for pretreatment you will get used to it over time do not soak your shirt it takes time to get the spray right nice and light very even not to heavy good luck

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Wow you guys must work twenty hours a day seven day a week to print that many shirts treating and pressing would easily take longer than that at ten minutes a shirt over 500 shirts a week how do you do that ??
I just got my F2000 about two weeks ago and I have been screen printing all day (as usual) and staying late at night to learn how to use it. My DTG is an Haddon to my shop and my business does not in any way revolve around it.

I made my first $350 on the DTG just yesterday. That was for only 8 t-shirts. Dang, can't believe that I had the balls to ask for that much money but my two different customers of the day didn't so much bat an eye. Gotta love that!!!!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
i also could not get any gildan to look as good as other shirts that we use, gave up on them completely also the wash durability was not as good on a gildan compared to the others, ch, aa, alstyle, etc.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
After doing tests on my Gildan shirts and having mixed results from bad to worse, I am so pleased that I changed to a quality ASColour Shirt! now the white print looks so much better and feels so nice on the shirt. I can only imagine what it will be like when I change to a RIP.

Attached a some photos, I know I still have lots to learn but I feel if a customer received a white print like this they would be happy

Result was from
  • White only Lvl 3 x2 pass, 20sec pause, +20 white Density
  • Hover 1min( I know others do longer, but i'm impatient with my tests, still need to do wash tests to see what longer curing will achieve)
  • very light pressure for 1min
  • 1:1 Epson Pretreat
Cheers,
Ryan

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes, I set that - but nothing changes. Now I have a clogged white print head - so I'll be calling Epson in the morning. Dang it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You may already know this but when you find the setting click on it and a slider will drop down. Adjust the slider to change the time of delay in seconds.

Yes, I set that - but nothing changes. Now I have a clogged white print head - so I'll be calling Epson in the morning. Dang it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Guys,

I just got setup with my new Epson F2000 and did some test prints with the technician and everything was going ok, today I pretreated a Black Shirt and the image came out really bad

Also is there anyway to make the images pop more? they all look washed out when I print on the shirt. I'm currently using Gildan Heavy Cotton shirts

Also, could people show me pictures of White on a Black shirt? and what brand shirts are best for the F2000

TIA
Ryan
I ran into the same thing, with the same shirts, Gildan Heavy weight is not a good fit for DTG, I just ordered some Anvil 780 combed 100% ring spun cotton shirts, the thighter the thread the better it'll hold the ink from whats been shared. Here is a list of top shirts given to me to use.

American Apparel
Anvil 780
Alternative Apparel
Bella Canvas
Cotton Heritage
LAT
Tultex
District
Startee
Alstyle
Keya

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I agree but the Gildan Ultra 2000's print surprisingly well and a great price to boot.
I pay $2.9-$3.2 for Sportage Combed cotton & $5 for Gildan 2000

and the quality is heaps better on the sportage, in saying that I think I will be printing most of my Black shirts with just white on ASColour as they look awesome

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I get Gildan Ultra 2000 black t's for $2.05. Not sure where you are shopping at.
I'm in Australia

Unfortunately I cant get the contact details or access to buy Gildan direct so I go through a reseller

I have emailed and tried calling but cant :(

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I just called them and they will hopefully accept me.. lol I have to complete a questionnaire

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey all,
I just got my f2000 late last week and have a few q's. Before I start I did a sample with the tech that was here and it look awesome. Went to do a sample for a customer from the same file and it looked crap. Anyway my q's are:
I'm in Australia, has anyone here used biz, jbs or wining spirit Ts?
Also is GC good enough or should I get another rip - if so which one?
Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Need more information. Are you using the same shirt brand you were using with the sample with the tech. Did the tech pretreat your shirt for the sample or did you? How are you pretreating?

_

41 - 60 of 82 Posts