T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi Guys,

I just got setup with my new Epson F2000 and did some test prints with the technician and everything was going ok, today I pretreated a Black Shirt and the image came out really bad

Also is there anyway to make the images pop more? they all look washed out when I print on the shirt. I'm currently using Gildan Heavy Cotton shirts

Also, could people show me pictures of White on a Black shirt? and what brand shirts are best for the F2000

TIA
Ryan
Looks to me like you definitely have blocked nozzles / white not firing correctly in these images (can also happen if there is some cleaning system left in the system after a tube wash).

Shirt type also looks like an issue and could be issues with pre treatment, but first you need to get all the nozzles firing / white working properly.
The banding in the white is a give away to a nozzle / white issue.

Best regards

-David

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm using Garment Creator and I can't seem to get it to pause between passes. I updated the software today to the latest from 3/9/15. Any ideas on that?

I also ordered a demo of neorip - looking forward to trying that. I was told it was a free trial at the SSI show but just paid $50.00 to test it for 15 days.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I'm using Garment Creator and I can't seem to get it to pause between passes. I updated the software today to the latest from 3/9/15. Any ideas on that?

I also ordered a demo of neorip - looking forward to trying that. I was told it was a free trial at the SSI show but just paid $50.00 to test it for 15 days.

You may also want to try out the Digital Factory RIP for the F2000 which you can download as a 30 day free trial.

_

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
What is the link to the trial for Digital Factory, does it pause between passes? What is the price?

I'm not sure if we're allowed to post the link here for the Digital Factory RIP free trial download. There is a special price now on the software. I will pm you the link and the price.

You can pause between passes with it.

_

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
You will need to update the firmware on your printer as well in order to take advantage of the pause between pass feature.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts

You may already know this but when you find the setting click on it and a slider will drop down. Adjust the slider to change the time of delay in seconds.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
OP - Remember to shake your cartridges both sides before use; Do your nozzle tests; Pretreatment is important and the method used; after spraying use a brush to lay the fibers down and heat press heavy pressure for a minute plus; did a shirt the other day with the white being light, using the Viper 6K so was not concerned with the PreTreatment - kicked up the white density a couple of notches in Garment Creator and that was all it needed. Also try Hanes Nano Tees - Any ringspun shirt should do you well. Epson's pretreat - 50-50 is a good mix.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
its still hit and miss for my white prints

I did some more tests (still with my Gildan Shirts)

Attached are some pictures, strange thing is some of the prints come out great and the smaller ones don't seem to look very good

Snapshot of settings included in pictures

I think the issue with the smaller print could be resolution

Attachments

·
Registered
843 Posts
The last print looks good given the rib of that knit you're printing on.

Stick with what you did there and when you move to a better knit of cotton your prints will be great.

If you're coming from the screen printing industry the base white GC lays down is piss-weak, ( in Aussie terms). Epson really need to improve this in GC because it's an 'absolute shocker' in terms of coverage... especially on crap weaves of cotton. After market RIP's solve this problem, especially NeoRIP.

One thing I have learned moving from screen printing to DTG is the digital form of textile reproduction is very different, but it's the future... so get on it!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
strange thing, I printed on the Gildan Ultra cotton and print came up ok, I printed the same image on the Gildan Softstyle and the print looks really bad

I would of thought the heavier Ultra Cotton would print worse

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Currently Gildan shirts are not a good fit for DTG. It depends on where they are made. You can have the same style and color but they are made in different locations and one prints great and the other poor. You may want to try your testing with something like an Anvil 979.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
My F2000 and Garment Creator seem to love the Gildan Ultra Cotton 2000's, white or black. Amazing results. I have even gotten good results printing on a couple of Black Gildan Heavy Cotton t's.

Here is one I printed on a black Gildan 2000 with GC (the crappy jpeg doesn't do it justice though):

However I am now trying out the Digital Factory 3 RIP and it absolutely hates them, at least on dark colors. Just awful.

It's always best to try different things on your own. What works for one person well doesn't always seem to work for someone else.

21 - 40 of 82 Posts