T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used wilflex amazing bright white ink on my workhorse auto for years but recently they changed it and it will not give me a smooth print because of thickness. I have tried several brands but yet to find a good replacement. What do you recommend for a good low bleed white? So far, vortex white has been the best but looking for options.

· Registered
101 Posts
Wait, are you talking about Bright Tiger?!? I had issues with that ink, too! I work on a manual and had to use reducer but it's not anywhere near as good as it was. I'd like some recommendations for a replacement ink, too.

· Registered
47 Posts
I recently had a conversation with another printer that had thickness issues with Bright Tiger. I'd take it up with the manufacturer. Avient seems like decent company and will probably work with you. Remember Wilflex's parent company is Avient.. Which also owns Rutland, Union and a few others. I really enjoy having Union Eclipse white on my shelf. It's a 300° cure so keep that in mind. I find it incredibly strong when properly cured.

· Registered
101 Posts
Funny you should mention getting in touch with someone about it! I emailed Wilflex months ago asking about the new consistency of Bright Tiger and got no response. Maybe they know it's bad now and they don't want to own up to it publicly? My distributor had no idea what to tell me. At first I was told it was just a bad batch, then a few months later I was told this was a formula change. If so, what a bad move!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.