T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
What heat and time are you using when curing Kim ? I cure my shirts at 330 for 90 seconds on lights, and 180 seconds on darks, with very very light pressure.
BobbieLee,

SWFMesa came out with new times and temps a while back. I am not at the shop and can't remember the temp but I think the times are the same as you are using. It seems to me that the temp they recommend now is a little higher than you are using.
They didn't advertise this, I just stumbled on it on the DTG forum lost in the middle of a thread. I wish they would communicate things like this better.

Brian

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks for the info. As I said to BobbieLee, I think I am finally beginning to understand a little more about this whole system. The heat press is just for drying the shirt not pushing the ink into it. It's just too bad it took me so long to finally figure it out.:)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hey, can you guys tell me what happens if the t-shirt sits for 10 to 15 mins. before heat pressing. Is it no good? Also, what happens if you heat press for an extra min. Just curious.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Another option is to change the underbase dpi from 1440 to 720. I noticed at 1440 the hairs of the shirt tended to pop up more than 720. The white looks great at 1440, but if you are printing colors on the white, especially a businesses logo, the 720 seems to have a better spread of the color and the after heat-seal finish looks great!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts