T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody,
I have received my Epson F2000 and i 'm in love with it.
Just on question : i use good shirt (ring spung cotton) and i find that the white ink crack a little bit more than my screen printed shirts. I have diluted my pretreatment 1/1 and i have the pretreatmaker IV.

Can i over saturate the shirt with Epson pretreatment without having trouble after for example 10 washes. I have not the time to wash enough before my first order monday... :)

It's a photographic image + big white lettering on t-shirt and sweatshirt. I know that a rip could do the job better but up to know i would like to explore GC for a bit longer time.

In conclusion, if i put more pretreatment in the shirt, can it "close " close the fibers more to put a better white on it ?

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Hello Everybody,
I have received my Epson F2000 and i 'm in love with it.
Just on question : i use good shirt (ring spung cotton) and i find that the white ink crack a little bit more than my screen printed shirts. I have diluted my pretreatment 1/1 and i have the pretreatmaker IV.

Can i over saturate the shirt with Epson pretreatment without having trouble after for example 10 washes. I have not the time to wash enough before my first order monday... :)

It's a photographic image + big white lettering on t-shirt and sweatshirt. I know that a rip could do the job better but up to know i would like to explore GC for a bit longer time.

In conclusion, if i put more pretreatment in the shirt, can it "close " close the fibers more to put a better white on it ?

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience.

You can over pretreat your shirts. If you spray on too much pretreatment you may have washability issues. You want to put the correct amount on which may require a little experimentation depending on which shirt brand you are using. Some brands need more pretreat then others so look up on the Forum what shirt brands are suggested as best for direct to garment printing.

Also possibility you are not drying the prints properly. On the Epson F2000, finished prints on white or light color garments, without white ink, should be heat pressed at 335 degrees F for one minute. On dark garments, with white ink, 335 degrees F for 90 seconds.

_

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can over pretreat your shirts. If you spray on too much pretreatment you may have washability issues. You want to put the correct amount on which may require a little experimentation depending on which shirt brand you are using. Some brands need more pretreat then others so look up on the Forum what shirt brands are suggested as best for direct to garment printing.

Also possibility you are not drying the prints properly. On the Epson F2000, finished prints on white or light color garments, without white ink, should be heat pressed at 335 degrees F for one minute. On dark garments, with white ink, 335 degrees F for 90 seconds.

_
Thanks Harry. You mean you can't over pretreat ... i suppose.

In that forum i saw that a member put a shirt entirely in the pretreat without having any issue; I saw post wher member dilues pretreat by 1/2 ... It 'seems that epson pretreat is a bit more permissive with the amount of pretreatment no ?

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Thanks Harry. You mean you can't over pretreat ... i suppose.

In that forum i saw that a member put a shirt entirely in the pretreat without having any issue; I saw post wher member dilues pretreat by 1/2 ... It 'seems that epson pretreat is a bit more permissive with the amount of pretreatment no ?

You can over pretreat. If you put too much pretreatment on the shirt your print could wash off. The Epson F2000 Pretreatment is much more 'permissive' in the amount you can apply without issue - especially compared to some of the other dtg ink brands. However you do need to watch that you do not over do it.

The Epson Pretreatment comes as a concentrate and it is recommended to dilute it 1 to 1 with distilled water.

_

1 - 4 of 4 Posts