T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
something to consider about epson f2000: i have almost emty carts in my printer, want to do a head clean. printer tells me there is not enough ink in cartridges. so i insert 2 new white carts to do the LIGHT cleaning.
So i think those carts are empty right? since a light cleaning uses only a little amount of ink.

i put back the almost empty carts just to see if there is some prints left in them, it turns out i could do another 23 prints of 4,13ml white ink in the design. Thats almost 100ml that i have been trowing out in my previous sets. Not a big deal but the actual problem is that in the meantime the NEW carts are out of the printer for a couple of hours and have their seal/valves/connectors drying out. just be aware to cover them in plastic while they are out.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation...

I guess I was very lucky in that Randy and Eric with All American taught me that trick when I purchased my printer....

I do agree it is amazing how long the cartridges will still print even though the printer reads that there is not enough ink to do a cleaning (yes even a light cleaning.)...I just swap out the cartridges that read low ink...do the cleaning, then put keep using the other cartridges until I get the ink out message. I put the my open cartridges back in a zip lock bag in between uses.

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
Not a big deal but the actual problem is that in the meantime the NEW carts are out of the printer for a couple of hours and have their seal/valves/connectors drying out. just be aware to cover them in plastic while they are out.
The valves on the cartridges are one-way. It is basically IMPOSSIBLE for air or contaminants to get into the ink and cause problems.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would suggest using the cartridges with little ink asap because it is hard to shake them as time gos on, and the little bit of ink inside can gunk up easier.

I always wondered if the little bit of white ink you see on the outside of the seal can turn all dry and crusty then be sucked back in when you use them causing a major clog.
Maybe I think to much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts