T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally hooked up and set up our new Epson SC F2000 yesterday and when it was all done the white cartridges were completely empty. I noticed that after the ink was done charging the printer started doing a cleaning on its own. Why would it need to do a cleaning? Is that normal? From what I have heard the initial charge only spends about 40-50% of the white ink.
Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
We finally hooked up and set up our new Epson SC F2000 yesterday and when it was all done the white cartridges were completely empty. I noticed that after the ink was done charging the printer started doing a cleaning on its own. Why would it need to do a cleaning? Is that normal? From what I have heard the initial charge only spends about 40-50% of the white ink.
Has this happened to anyone else?

That is perfectly normal. The printer comes with the smaller 250ml cartridges. The printer will use most of the white ink cartridges on the first initial charge when you first setup the machine. The cleaning is also normal for the first initial startup too. We always recommend getting an additional ink set when purchasing the printer as you will need white cartridges pretty much right away after setup.

_

1 - 4 of 4 Posts