T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

I would like to print on a transparent/clear matte laminate/film/media. But im not sure if my below requirements is even possible? Didnt but the printer yet.
  • Print not laminated
  • Last atleast (longevity) 3 years outdoor without fade, crack etc.
  • Print white & black designs (colors arent needed) on transparent, which you shouldnt be able to look through - As if it where Oracal 651
    When printing white, then it goes on a black surface.
    When printing black, then it goes on a white surface. There should not be printet black below the design (only has thin lines)
I have been looking at "EUV Roland UV" & ECO-solvent max 3.
Seems like UV will have issues with not being laminated & ECO-solvent with the colors on transparent. But its hard for me to find info. Hope with some inputs.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Well, at least you can discard sublimation printing. I know that certain laminates, laminating pouches etc take sublimation prints well, but sub ink is dye-based and therefore semi-transparent, and also you wouldn't be able to print white.

Would screen printing not fit the bill?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, at least you can discard sublimation printing. I know that certain laminates, laminating pouches etc take sublimation prints well, but sub ink is dye-based and therefore semi-transparent, and also you wouldn't be able to print white.

Would screen printing not fit the bill?
Thanks for the reply. The plan is to make designs, which should be on the mailbox

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just write in a sign forum (contains some 1's in the url. no commercial). If you know of some, please feel free to send me a message.

Can we let this threat be open for a moment and see if someone replies and delete it maybe? if no, thanks for letting me ask the question initially

1 - 7 of 7 Posts