T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey People,

Im trying to print on a black shirt and the white layer is coming out really really faint have made sure the tubes are not blocked and it seems to be all fine. Im also having the same problems with the yellow ink was printing fine a few days ago now not printing yellow at all.

If anyone has any info that might help me get this fix it would be appreciated greatly.

Regards Brent :)

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
How does your nozzle check look? Do you have a good nozzle check ?

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
The best way of printing a nozzle check on the Kiosk (and T-Jet 1 and 2) printers is removing the shirt holder, raising the tray bed all the way to the top, and printing directly on the tray bed. The stainless metal makes viewing the white lines especially easy. Just wipe clean with a towel after.

Harry
Equipment Zone

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Actually, I prefer to use a plexigalss panel like you can get from Home Depot - set it on the shirt holder and print direct to it. This allows you to pick it up and look at it in the light. Plus, on T-jets and Kiosks, much less cranking up and down of the bed!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
have done a nozzel check only red and blue appear on the page and the faintest amount of yellow. also tryed to do an alinement and the black is very faint as well. does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should do?

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I would try soaking your printhead in your capping station for awhile, as it sounds like you have some clogged nozzles or clogged dampers. When is the last time you replaced your dampers? If they have been replaced, try soaking your printhead with solution in your capping station. I will explain how to do this properly :)

The way I get the cleaning solution in the capping station, to where it does not get sucked out is, I do a head clean and at the end of the clean, when the print head is over at the spit station, I hurry and use a syringe and fill the capping station. Then when the printhead comes back over to the capping station and docks itself I turn it off. This way the cleaning solution does not drain before you turn it off.

Let me know if this clears it up. It should work. :) If you are just getting banding and are still getting ink out of all the nozzles, it should clear right up with this method.

You can also try cleaning the face of your printhead with a foam swab with alcohol, to see if this helps it along some. Try the soaking first, and then the cleaning of the face of the printhead.

Also remember if you have not changed the dampers in a while it could very well be that those color dampers are clogged as well. They have little metal filters that if they get clogged the ink will stop flowing in that line.

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The dampers and tubes are all new have manualy cleaned the print head and done several cleans nothing seems to be working is therea way i can take out the nozzels and have a look or soak them over night out of the machine?:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok I now know its a clogged nipple for the yellow and white does anyone know if its to coplicated to take the component out????

any help would be greatly appreciated as i have to 50 shirts to print over the next 3 days

1 - 12 of 12 Posts