T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I am looking to purchase another wide format printer. I am currently running just 1 Epson 9890 and looking to purchase another. I want to find one thats faster and possibly bigger.

Which 44" or bigger wide format printer would you recommend for t-shirts?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Chandler

·
Registered
10 Posts
We just put a new F Series F6070 Epson into our shop and it has been great. We looked at the T Series printers as they seemed a little cheaper out of the box, but when you start looking at the ink pricing you are paying almost $460 per liter with Sawgrass compared to the $125 or so on the Epson Sublimation Ink. On top of that when I talked to an Epson Rep he was very clear about the fact that by putting other inks in the T Series you void the warranty of the printer. I have read all the info about why it doesn't etc. but I didn't really want to deal with that when the $1,000 or so I would have saved on a T Series would have already been spent once I bought my first set of new inks. I also have some friends doing lots of apparel with the Mutoh RJ printers with J-Teck inks, but since I'm a relative newbie to wide format sublimation I wanted to go with a full set-up with a known company behind it I could trust with that kind of investment and it has been the best investment I could have made IMHO.

·
Registered
623 Posts
We just put a new F Series F6070 Epson into our shop and it has been great. We looked at the T Series printers as they seemed a little cheaper out of the box, but when you start looking at the ink pricing you are paying almost $460 per liter with Sawgrass compared to the $125 or so on the Epson Sublimation Ink. On top of that when I talked to an Epson Rep he was very clear about the fact that by putting other inks in the T Series you void the warranty of the printer. I have read all the info about why it doesn't etc. but I didn't really want to deal with that when the $1,000 or so I would have saved on a T Series would have already been spent once I bought my first set of new inks. I also have some friends doing lots of apparel with the Mutoh RJ printers with J-Teck inks, but since I'm a relative newbie to wide format sublimation I wanted to go with a full set-up with a known company behind it I could trust with that kind of investment and it has been the best investment I could have made IMHO.
Perfect example why you would run a "T" series machine with J-Teck and not SG.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Perfect example why you would run a "T" series machine with J-Teck and not SG.
Why would you run a T Series over an F series? I get the ink cost thing, but why use a printer that is not made for sublimation versus a printer that is used for sublimation? Who do you get support on your T Series from if you are running J-Teck?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Why would you run a T Series over an F series? I get the ink cost thing, but why use a printer that is not made for sublimation versus a printer that is used for sublimation? Who do you get support on your T Series from if you are running J-Teck?
I would get a T series just for the fact that you can use any ink you want.

With that said, I'm a Mutoh guy running J-Teck.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I am getting a T series and J-Teck and rip.

With the ink savings you could buy a few new print heads a year if needed VS using the Sawgrass inks.
I would hope it will last me over 2 years before needing a new head so that would be a lot of savings on just the ink.
I have been spending the past week looking into all this.

Also the F series is $1799 a year for each extra year of service plan the Ts are much much less if you wanted that.
So you could almost buy 2 T series for the price of one F with 2 year extra service plan but then when you add in the ink saving with J-Tech then you for sure could buy two them.

Just my thoughts on it but i am new at wide format dye sub to.
A large press is costing me a lot to get all this started for larger items.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am getting a T series and J-Teck and rip.

With the ink savings you could buy a few new print heads a year if needed VS using the Sawgrass inks.
I would hope it will last me over 2 years before needing a new head so that would be a lot of savings on just the ink.
I have been spending the past week looking into all this.

Also the F series is $1799 a year for each extra year of service plan the Ts are much much less if you wanted that.
So you could almost buy 2 T series for the price of one F with 2 year extra service plan but then when you add in the ink saving with J-Tech then you for sure could buy two them.

Just my thoughts on it but i am new at wide format dye sub to.
A large press is costing me a lot to get all this started for larger items.
I hear ya.

I am selling my Wasatch Wide Format Epson only RIP if you're interested. It's the 7.0 version. I bought it 6 months ago for 1650 including tag and am only looking to get 1000. I know im taking a loss but I need the $ to get the Mutoh RIP. Also selling my 31x41 Geo-Knight Maxi press for 4k

Let me know if you're interested.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.