T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
It is most likely a full academic version, also known as the educational version. You are supposed to be a student or something to be able to get it, but most of the time the seller doesn't care.

Although these are full working versions, they do not qualify for updates or upgrades. You do save money getting an academic version, but I would not take that route. It will cost you more later on, and you might have to go without tech support. (not sure about the support)

$399 is not that much money for a program as powerful as CorelDraw X3 when you compare it to other very good programs.
Plus what you are getting is a suite, so it includes CorelDRAW® X3, Corel® PowerTRACE X3, PHOTO-PAINT® X3, Corel CAPTURE™ X3 (for capturing screen images) and RawShooter (for importing and working with the RAW digital camera format)

However, $399 is still a lot of money, I agree.

·
Registered
952 Posts
At the bottom of the CorelDraw X3 page at softwaresurplus, it says Full install - educational license.

That's very sneaky of them I think.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.