T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm new to the business and still doing my research and one question that I have is, which blank t-shirts are the best to use in terms of brands. I've come across this brand called Gildan, it seems very good and was wondering which brand do most of you guys use or which ones are better than others. I would really appreciate your opinions.

Thanks!

· Administrator
18,946 Posts
Shirt brand depends a lot on who your market is. Young, old, women, men, athletic, etc.

Gildan is a very good brand. But they make a wide range of shirt styles. Which model did you like?

The more popular shirt brands are Hanes, Gildan, Anvil, American Apparel, Alstyle.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are the two t-shirts which have caught my eye and based on your experience, which one would you prefer:

Ultra Cotton t-shirt: 100% cotton preshrunk jersey. 10.1 ounce. Ultra tight knit surface. Seamless double-needle collar. Taped neck and shoulders. Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem. Quarter-turned to eliminate centre crease

Heavy Cotton Unisex t-shirt: 100% cotton preshrunk jersey. 8.8 ounce. Seamless, double-needle collar. Taped neck and shoulders. Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem. Quarter-turned to eliminate centre crease

Thanks!

· Registered
18 Posts
What comapny are you going through? I had reseached a lot of companies but the one I found that met my needs the most is cottonconnection.com
I like to use Gildan. It is a good quality shirt and it seems to last longer for conrtuction type work and at a good price. I have used Fruit of the Loom and other Imports but I do a lot of custom orders for Contractors and Laborers so I like to use Gildan for those jobs.
Annoucements and invitation type shirts, I go with Fruit because it costs less and people don't generally wear a wedding invitation shirt.
Joe mentioned that GIldan does many different styles of shirts, it's true. So, when I first started out (I didn't have mentors like here at the forum), I bought one of each brand and style in my size of shirt. I put my logo on each of them so I had advertising while I tested quality (I'd suggest different colors to know which style is which). My decision was to go with Gildan 6.1 oz style: 20.
If you already have a company, like American Apparel, try it in that route. (I personally chose not to use Amer. App. because I could get my shirts for less with Cotton Connection. Then again we're talking about when I first started and had no idea or even a mentor to assist me. I asked companies for advise and they laughed me out the door. That is one thing I like about this forum, ask and you shall receive a respectful answer.)

Best of luck to you and I hope this has assisted you!
Cham

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for clearing that up. I appreciate all of the help I have recieved from you all! I think I'll be going with Gildan for now, I'm going to select style 2000D and style 5000D so that I can see the difference in the two.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.