T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at different type of shirts and reading up on this forum and other sites on what shirts work well.

As of right now I do not care to relabel so that is not an issue tag wise which opens up my options a bit on cost and types of shirts.

I am looking for shirts which would be good for skaters, possibly heavyish but able to breath?

What would you recommend, Poly/Cotton blend 50% 50%
pre-shunk or 100% pre-shunk cotton.

Thats my first question for the vets on here.

Gildan - 2000 looks like a good brand which might do well with the type of shirt I am looking at, what do you think? recommend anything else?

Looking to do screen prints on the shirts, not digital prints I believe. Ill just get started with that... so any help is great and I will continue to search through the forums for general answers.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Re: type of shirt

Gildian will give you a lot of color choices. But, if you want a heavy shirt, I like a 100% Hanes Beefy-T.

The heavier the weight 6.1oz. or 7oz. etc the thicker the feel of the shirt.

Most all shirts these days are pritty much "pre-shrunk"... But, if you don't want any shrinking go with a 50/50

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

They have a lot of colors choices like you said, that is why I got attracted to them from the start.

I will probably use a 50/50 blend then. I don't know how gildian will fit.. I am looking for a slim fit one which looks good and might help show off muscles more then of a overly large shirt which just surrounds your whole body.

I will do some research on these forums on the different type of printing that is able to be done, but from what I have heard/read, screen printing is the best way to go if your doing bulk. Is that correct? Any more information on that?

·
Registered
235 Posts

Screen Printing is my way to deal with large qtys.

Gildain also has a fitted Tee. Like an organic tee., a ladies fitted tee, or a canvas tee. These are all softer to the touch and I would say thinner too. Very nice shirts, but you said you wanted a thick feeling shirt and that will have to be a 6oz or heaver. The heaver the shirt the less likely that it is a fitted tee...

But where you may pay 1.50-1.80 for a reg. tee, you will pay 2.00 - 5.00 and up. Because of this, I let my clients know up front that that is what I call "specialty tees" and they are more expensive.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
I have been looking at different type of shirts and reading up on this forum and other sites on what shirts work well.

As of right now I do not care to relabel so that is not an issue tag wise which opens up my options a bit on cost and types of shirts.

I am looking for shirts which would be good for skaters, possibly heavyish but able to breath?

What would you recommend, Poly/Cotton blend 50% 50%
pre-shunk or 100% pre-shunk cotton.

Thats my first question for the vets on here.

Gildan - 2000 looks like a good brand which might do well with the type of shirt I am looking at, what do you think? recommend anything else?

Looking to do screen prints on the shirts, not digital prints I believe. Ill just get started with that... so any help is great and I will continue to search through the forums for general answers.
The Alstyle 1701 t-shirt is pretty popular with skate board brands.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Right now I sell a LOT more Hanes tear away tag shirts than anything else. They are light weight like the VERY POPULAR Alternative Apparel shirts 4.3 oz I think. "The Tear away label" allows you to cheaply screen print size labels with any name you like and they are priced right and readily available for just a tad more than a standard Gildan Ultra cotton 2000 Most of the bigger distributors care a wide assortment of colors and because its a Hanes the quality is good and will meet JC Penny Specs when a lot of others won't

Good Luck

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I looked at AAA Alstyle 1701 and it looks really good especially for skaters and/or other different sports. The color choices arent that great though.

Where are good places online where I can get Alstyle 1701 and/or Gildian?

Ive looked a few places and of course they are all over the web but I am looking for one which is the cheapest, and always has them in stock... Ive searched a few different places and I guess 1701 are a very popular style for everyone.

I had another question, about the rip off labels. Would it be cheaper to make my own labels and sew them on or would it be cheaper to just do a screen on label??? For example Calvin Klein has screen print labels instead of the tags. I am just curious if it would be cheaper or more expensive.

EDIT:

I have looked around and it is extremely hard to find AlStyle apparel at a good price besides at their main site, and still they have no stock there or other places online. Gildan is looking promising because everywhere I look wholesale prices are great and I have more colors and styles to choose from.

The ones I have been looking at are...

Gildan 2000 - 6.1oz Ultra Cotton
and
Gildan 5000 - 5.3oz Heavy Cotton

--
The AlStyle 1701 is 5.5oz Ringspun cotton. So I figured if I was to go with Gildan I would go with the 5000 since its 5.3oz, which is closer to AlStyle 1701. Though it is a bit heavier I am sure it will still be able to breathe well. I am doing more research but just thought I would share it.

The only downside to them is that I dont think Gildan 5000 or 2000 have tear-away labels... which is what I was looking for also for the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts